Jason and Stephen posted what seems to be a legitimate box art for LEGO’s next wave of minifigures: the LEGO Disney Minifigures or 71012. A quick scan over the internet reveals that for most part, this image has been shared and discussed over LEGO fan forums and discussion boards.
Lego.gizmodo.com even came up with a brushed up, color-corrected and cleaned version of the purported image (via Photoshop), only to be ‘asked’ by LEGO PRs to have it removed from their site. Now isn’t that something… I guess PR really did some good promotions there.
Anyways, there seems to be one common thread among them and that is the source of this ‘shared’ image – and the firm conviction among highly respectable forum members who are in-the-know that this indeed 100% authentic. Forum members that goes by the name CM4Sci inEurobricks and CM4S in Bricksetforum was actively sharing the good news among other members. Though I have a strong feeling that they may be one and same for pretty ‘obvious’ reasons.
Comments from members were somewhat mixed and varied. However, another quick scan will show that there are some favorites that are slowly emerging, and some that are well, not so hopeful.
The ‘hopefuls’ in this much awaited Disney minifig set are, in no particular order:
- The Cheshire Cat
- Pizza Planet Alien
- Daisy and Donald Duck
- Peter Pan
The ‘dreadfuls’ whom some fans would avoid picking up:
- Mickey and Minnie mouse for “looking more like mascots” according to one forum member
- Buzz Lightyear, which looks off as compared to his first minifigure rendition (which is also by the way looks even cooler).
- Alice, since she looks a little bit out of proportions.
- Mr. Incredible having hair which makes him look more like a grown up dash, says another forum member.
- Genie which will somehow look better if the head came from a moulded figure.
As we always say, these things must be taken with a grain of salt. We will wait until the official set hit stores on May this year and will give you our impressions about it. So what do you think about this? Do you have your own lists of ‘hopefuls’ and ‘dreadfuls’? Let us know at the comments section below