LEGO Rebrick just recently announced a LEGO Friends themed contest entitled Celebrate the Best of Friends, in partnership with several North American LEGO Fan Conventions spread across the US and in Canada. Similar to previous Rebrick contests based on themes such as LEGO Castle and LEGO Batman, the Celebrate the Best of Friends contest encourages young LEGO enthusiasts to show off their best MOCs that highlights the best of LEGO Friends.
Ways to Join
According to Rebrick, there are two ways to join. First, by submitting your LEGO Friends entry in any of the 15 fan conventions across the US and Canada. These are:
- BrickFair Alabama | Birmingham, AL; USA
- BrickCan | Vancouver, BC; Canada
- BrickUniverse Raleigh | Raleigh, NC; USA
- Philly Brick Fest | Oaks, PA; USA
- BrickFair New England | Marlborough, MA; USA
- BrickSlopes | Sandy, UT; USA
- Brickworld Chicago | Schaumburg, IL; USA
- Brick Fiesta | Houston, TX; USA
- Brickfête Toronto | Toronto, ON; Canada
- BrickFair Virginia | Chantilly, VA; USA
- Bricks by the Bay | Santa Clara, CA; USA
- BrickCon | Seattle, WA; USA
- BrickFair New Jersey | Somerset, NJ; USA
- BrickUniverse Dallas | Plano, TX; USA
- Denver Brick Fest | Denver, CO; USA
Second, don’t worry if in case you can’t make it to these conventions. You may also submit your entry over at Rebrick’s page and just follow the instructions. Be sure that you have a valid LEGO ID before proceeding. Click here if you don’t have one yet. Each fan convention will have a winner, while one will be selected among the entries over at Rebrick. Be sure to submit your best LEGO Friends creation on or before November 21, 2016.
How Entries Will Be Chosen
Among the 16 semi-finalist, one grand prize winner will be selected. Throughout the contest, all entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Best overall creativity: 25%
- Most inspired details on the model: 25%
- Attention to contest theme: 25%
- Best use of LEGO® elements: 25%
In case of a tie, the entry with the higher Creativity score will prevail.
A panel of judges consisting of a member of the LEGO Brand Team, a Master Model Builder from the LEGO Model Shop, and a member from the LEGO Community Team will select the winners (both from the semi-finals and finals).
The Sweet Prize
It’s kind of interesting how Rebrick bundled these prizes. For each of those who will make it to the semi-finals, LEGO will be giving away these cool LEGO Friends sets, some of it was never shown in previous toy fairs as pointed by Brickset.
These sets are:
- 41118 Heartlake Super Market
- 41129 Adventure Park Hot Dog Van
- 41122 Adventure Camp Tree
- 41134 Heartlake Performance School
We do not have a close up image of LEGO 41134 Heartlake Performance School, and LEGO Rebrick was kind enough to include it in this image (though it’s a bit small) together with the rest of the abovementioned sets. It is expected that 41134 will be an exclusive retailer set so we’ll keep an eye on this one.
The grand prize winner on the other hand, will receive a specially crafted LEGO Friends fox exclusively developed by the LEGO Model Shop. LEGO didn’t share much detail about this fox, but we’re pretty sure it’s a very good one considering the length and scope of the contest itself.
You may also read the rest of the contest rules right here for more information. We hope to see your LEGO Friends creation over at Rebrick anytime soon, and be sure to be on the lookout for details and schedules of these conventions listed above especially if you’re living near any of these convention venues.
While you’re at it, you may also want to take a look at another LEGO Rebrick contest, and this time this one encourages you to ‘break the rules’ with your LEGO Dimensions Portal. Check out this cool Build Your Gateway contest, which will end on May 16, 2016.