Yesterday saw the official unveiling of the latest flagship model for the LEGO Technic line: the intricately impressive, 2,704-piece replica of the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. The 42056 is set to be released on June 1 via LEGO.com and will retail at US$299.99 It is expected to hit other retail stores later in August.
Earlier today, LEGO.com’s YouTube channel released a LEGO Designer video that shows the inner workings of the LEGO Technic Porsche 911 as presented by LEGO Technic Senior Design Manager, Andrew Woodman. As you will see from the video, picking up the box of the LEGO Technic Porsche will immediately give you a distinct impression of having one of LEGO’s finest creations on the palm of your hands. From the exquisite product packaging, to the final build, everything about this latest LEGO Technic set is absolutely superb.
Here’s LEGO’s official product description, followed by Andy’s designer video.
LEGO Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS (42056)
Ages 16+. 2,704 pieces.
US $299.99 – CA $349.99 – DE 299.99€ – UK £249.99 – DK 2599.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Discover the iconic Porsche 911 GT3 RS!
Experience the iconic Porsche 911 GT3 RS with this authentic LEGO® Technic replica. Inside the box you’ll discover a special collector’s book chronicling the history of LEGO Technic and Porsche GT cars, together with 4 original-design rims bearing the RS emblem. The sets of elements are boxed, and the building sequence gives an insight into the real-life vehicle’s assembly process. The model features detailed, orange bodywork, red suspension springs, detailed headlights, taillights, brake calipers and rims with low-profile tires. The accessible cockpit features a detailed dashboard, working gearbox, steering wheel with gearshift paddles, racing seats and a glove compartment containing a unique serial number.
Functions include opening doors and hood with storage compartment and suitcase, and an opening rear lid that houses a detailed flat 6 engine with moving pistons. This 1:8 scale model has been designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience. Features authentically designed aerodynamic bodywork, adjustable rear spoiler, headlights and taillights, red suspension springs, original-design rims with RS emblem, detailed brake calipers, low-profile tires, working gearbox, working steering wheel with gearshift paddles, detailed seating, glove compartment with unique model serial number, opening doors, opening hood containing a suitcase, and an opening rear lid with detailed flat 6 engine.
• Includes a collection of authentic stickers.
• Check out the orange color scheme.
• Open the doors to access the detailed cockpit.
• Lift the rear lid to access the detailed flat 6 engine with moving pistons.
• Open the glove compartment to reveal the unique serial number.
• Delivered in luxurious box packaging.
• Includes a special full-color collector’s book including the history of LEGO® Technic and Porsche GT cars, plus comprehensive building instructions.
• This LEGO® Technic model is designed to provide an immersive and rewarding building experience.
• This set includes over 2,700 pieces.
• This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 16+.
• Porsche 911 GT3 RS measures over 6” (17cm) high, 22” (57cm) long and 9” (25cm) wide.
Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning June 1, 2016