With the Voltron – Defender of the Universe and Spaceballs – Eagle 5 coming in as the first two LEGO Ideas project that made it to the cut for this year’s Second LEGO Ideas Review Stage, we now have our third successful entry that just recently earned the nod of 10,000 supporters of the LEGO community.
Based on the famous family sitcom of the same title during the 60’s, the LEGO Ideas Addams Family Mansion comes at an astounding 7,200 pieces: much larger than the LEGO Taj Mahal (10189) set that comes with 5,922 pieces. Here’s afol777’s description of his entry, followed by photos of this impressive build.
Addams Family Mansion
From the 1964-66 TV sitcom “The Addams Family”, this is the Mansion and family! The project is an “end of series” anniversary tribute to the last new episode aired on April 8, 1966 – 50 years ago!
The Addams Family was a group of fictional characters created by American cartoonist Charles Addams includes Gomez, Morticia, Uncle Fester, Lurch, Grandmama, Wednesday, Pugsley and Thing. They lived in this Mansion at 001 Cemetery Lane.
– 3 floor Mansion, each floor is a removable segment
– Sits on two 15”x10” base plates (for a total of 3,072 studs)
– The Mansion separates into two halves through the center
– A full glass greenhouse out back
– All original Lego pieces with no modifications
– All floors are covered in tiles and “carpet” tiles
– All ceilings are covered in inverted tiles
– The Mansion is 22” high
– The entire build is comprised of 7,200 pieces
Look for these special characters and details:
– Tish relaxing in her large rattan chair, with her black fan
– Gomez practicing fencing in the living room
– Lurch and his harpsichord
– Beware of Thing…delivering mail from his table
– Cleopatra, the meat eating plant and others in the greenhouse
– Kitty Kat the lion, by the grand staircase
– The tall stuffed polar bear watching over all the proceedings
– The NYSE stock market ticker tape machine
– Call for Lurch… with a black rope noose butler bell call
– Suit of Armor – who is hiding inside?
– Massive fireplace, with a moose head on the mantle
– Have a rest on the bed of nails!
– Grandmama and Uncle Fester with his light bulb and dynamite
– Cigar Store Indian watching over Pugsley and Wednesday
– Back upper porch, with cannon, cannon balls and a catapult
– Backyard cemetery, with unknown inhabitants
– Attic spider web
– Family automobile
– Special guests include bats, owls, spiders, snakes, and parrots
We wish afol777 all the best and we hope to see his Addams Family Mansion project on the shelves of LEGO Stores soon. Be sure to check out the rest of his LEGO Ideas entry right here. The Second LEGO Ideas Review Stage for this year is expected to kick off sometime in September. We’ll closely watch the developments on this side of LEGO Ideas so be sure to stay tuned here at Brick Show.