After last week’s shop.lego.com site update which includes the official description for the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorium, we now have its first official images thanks to Amazon Japan. Set 76060 has a release date of August 1, 2016 in the US and will retail at $29.99.
Based on the upcoming Disney and Marvel film Doctor Strange which will hit theaters on November 4, LEGO’s Doctor Strange Sanctum Sanctorium consists of 3 minifigures: Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo and The Ancient One. The set also depicts a scene inside the house where Strange battles a powerful, octopus-like demon presumably Shuma-Gorath, as it tries to enter the human world through the Sanctorium’s extra-dimensional portal. Here’s the official teaser trailer for Doctor Strange in case you missed it, followed by LEGO’s official description.
LEGO Marvel Superheroes
Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum 76060
Pieces: 358; Price: $29.99
Banish the portal beast from Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum!
Team up and expel the portal beast from Doctor Strange’s mysterious headquarters with some super-heroic supernatural action! Fend it off with Doctor Strange’s mystical artifacts, and evade being captured by the portal beast’s tentacles using the cape of levitation. Send in Karl Mordo to battle the beast with his quarterstaff, and help The Ancient One strike with the powerful magical fans at her fingertips!
- Includes 3 minifigures: Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo and The Ancient One.
- Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum features a portal beast with rotating teeth, moving eyes and tentacles that can trap minifigures, shelves for mystical artifact accessories, levitation effect for 2 minifigures, and levitation function for Doctor Strange’s cloak.
- Weapons include Karl Mordo’s quarterstaff and The Ancient One’s magical fans with eldritch calligraphy.
- Accessory elements include Doctor Strange’s cloak of levitation and magical power elements with eldritch calligraphy markings.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 7-14.