With 4 days to go before its grand opening on October 31, LEGOLAND Dubai is all set and ready to go with more than 40 rides, shows and attractions. Last week, Dubai Parks and Resorts gave us a sneak peek of what visitors can expect inside the region’s largest theme park destination, including the first ever indoor and fully-air-conditioned Miniland. To cap it off, LEGOLAND Dubai also boasts of having the tallest brick-built landmark ever made inside Miniland. Watch their promotional video below.
Thanks to Promo Bricks, we now have plenty of images of how this unique indoor Miniland looks like, including the impressive creations that can be found inside it. One of this is their main attraction – a superb LEGO scale model of the Burj Khalifa standing tall at 17 meters. The model took around 5,000 working man hours to build using 439,000 bricks weighing at almost a ton.
Here are other Miniland builds that visitors can discover inside LEGOLAND Dubai courtesy of Robert Innes.
Other than the awesome rides and visual treats, LEGOLAND Dubai also offers a day’s worth of adventure throughout the park’s six themes: LEGO® City, Kingdoms, Imagination, Adventure, Miniland and Factory. By far, this could be the grandest LEGOLAND ever built in terms of offerings and attractions.
Here’s LEGOLAND Dubai’s full press release, including more details on each of the park’s LEGO-inspired themes.
LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND® Water Park
LEGOLAND® Dubai is the ultimate world of year-round LEGO®-themed adventures for families with children aged 2-12. LEGOLAND Dubai will feature over 40 interactive rides, shows and attractions and 15,000 LEGO model structures made from over 60 million LEGO bricks. It is designed to provide a full day’s interactive, theme park experience.
LEGOLAND Dubai will feature six themed lands, each unique in their experience, entertainment and educational offering, including:
- LEGO CITY, where children can indulge in a range of playful learning opportunities including flying a plane at the LEGO City airport, steering a boat at the boating school, or earning a LEGOLAND driving license at the driving school.
- KINGDOMS, where knights and princesses can explore a medieval land and conquer the exhilarating Dragon coaster, which takes you on a journey through the King’s castle full of vibrant LEGO models depicting the era.
- IMAGINATION, the perfect area for every LEGO fan to enjoy, spending hours playing, racing LEGO cars or taking advantage of the Master Builder Academy. Toddlers and small children will enjoy DUPLO® Valley while all will enjoy the Kid Power Towers to get a great view of the entire park before a gentle “free-fall” ride to the bottom.
- ADVENTURE, for young explorers seeking thrilling antics while enjoying a captivating Submarine Adventure, Wave Racers that power through waves and dodge water blasts as well as an exciting escapade through ancient temple ruins to recover a pharaoh’s stolen treasure.
- MINILAND, the heart of LEGOLAND parks, made up of over 20 million LEGO bricks featuring Dubai’s iconic skyline and key landmarks from around the Middle East and international destinations. The MINILAND at LEGOLAND Dubai will be the first ever indoor air-conditioned MINILAND at a LEGOLAND park and will also include Build a City where guests can find a 10 metre play table with white LEGO bricks enabling them to create an ever changing city skyline.
- FACTORY is where LEGO bricks are produced and guests can receive a personal brick fresh from the casting line. Factory is also home to The BIG shop, the largest selection of LEGO retail items in the region, including the full range of LEGO products, exclusive sets and LEGOLAND souvenirs.
LEGOLAND Water Park is located adjacent to LEGOLAND Dubai and is the only water park in the region designed specifically for kids aged 2-12 and their families. The water park will feature more than 20 water slides and attractions, each offering a different and fun-soaked experience including the highly anticipated Build-A-Raft River where children of all ages can customise their own raft using LEGO soft bricks, before floating down a lazy river with views of the entire park. Along with the Build-A-Raft River, LEGOLAND Water Park will offer interactive options such as Build-A-Boat where children can build using countless LEGO bricks before testing their design against the flow of water in a 10 metre river.
Additional LEGOLAND Water Park features include the LEGO Wave Pool, the DUPLO Wave Pool: (especially for the smaller guests), DUPLO Splash Safari, Joker Soaker, Twin Chasers double body slides, Splash Out featuring a 60-foot drop, and many other attractions.
LEGOLAND Water Pak will offer a full range of amenities, including dining and retail outlets, changing rooms, cabanas, guest services, first aid and prayer rooms.