If you’re into modular buildings and you still don’t have this ticked off from your must-have list, then this is something that you may want to read. Promo Bricks has recently pointed out the apparent unavailability of the D2C advanced model set, the LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218, across the European region. According from a concerned fan and probable LEGO insider who passed on the info, the set IS no longer available in the area. A quick browse over at shop.LEGO.com confirms this, where several regional stores in Europe mark the set as ‘Temporarily out of stock’.
The situation is also the same across several LEGO Brand Stores in Europe, where 10218 is no longer on their store shelves. According to the report, some store employees said that the demand for the 2,000-piece set has recently spiked due to the recent revived interest in modular buildings, coupled with the fact that the set is almost retiring after its introduction in 2011. The good news is that as of this writing, the LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 is still listed in as available in North America both in Canada and in the US. Here’s a quick look at some of the features of this set, including a designer video, and a review by Jason from 5 years ago.
LEGO Pet Shop 10218
Ages 16+. 2,032 pieces.
US $149.99 – CA $199.99 – DE 149.99€ – UK £119.99 – DK 1399.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Build a pad for pampered pets in a 3-story shop with style!
Continuing the LEGO® Modular Buildings series, this highly detailed, 3-story Pet Shop building and townhouse with full internal and external detailing is the perfect addition to your LEGO town. Greet customers with a menagerie of pets and let them treat them with a selection of toys and supplies. The pet shop building features a hinged staircase for easy access, upper apartment with kitchenette and upper loft overlooking the open plan interior below. To the side, the tastefully appointed townhouse features a detailed ground floor with accessories and spiral staircase leading to the upper floor. The attic space features storage boxes and French doors leading out to an elegant front balcony, while the rooftop garden, complete with fresh vegetables, brightens up the rear of the building.
- Includes 4 minifigures with accessories: pet shop owner, girl on bicycle, painter with paint roller and woman!
- Pet Shop includes dog, cat, 2 parrots and fish tank with goldfish!
- Also includes 3 dog bones, ball, frog toy, birdhouse, bucket and brush!
- Kitchenette features stone fireplace, stove, sink, coffee maker and small table and chair!
- Upper loft features skylight, bed and lamp!
- Townhouse features ground floor with mailbox and mail, hat rack, couch, telephone, toilet and access to basement crawl space!
- Measures 10″ (25.5cm) wide and 10.5″ (26.5cm) high!
- Combine with other modular buildings, like 10197 Fire Brigade and 10211 Grand Emporium!
So if you’re eyeing for this one for quite some time, better act fast and expect this set to be out of the LEGO Brand Stores anytime soon. Thanks to Promo Bricks for the heads up.