Last June, we saw the unveiling of the gigantically awesome – and third largest LEGO set ever created – The LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City (70620). Slated be released to the public in 1st of September, this highly detailed D2C set consists of 4,867 pieces retailing at $299.99. We already saw Ninjago City’s (70620) official images last June, and this time, LEGO has shared a designer video for this awesome set which you can see below.
The level of detail and effort given by these designers to create Ninjago City is simply insane! I love how the set is built from the ground up following a modular approach along its 3-level structure. The set itself is not just a compact version of Ninjago City as seen in the trailers of The LEGO Ninjago Movie, but it also offers a tour of the different sights, sounds and stores of the bustling city. The designer video is presented in such a way that it follows Lloyd as he travels around the city, exploring all of its nooks and crannies. There are plenty of cool details and play features that come along with this set. It even has a printed collection of a translatable Ninjago language which is fun to decode using the Ninja Language Translator.
Here’s a complete description of what to expect from The LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City (70620).
The LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City (70620).
Live the life of a ninja in NINJAGO® City!
Enjoy endless role-play fun in NINJAGO® City, a hugely-detailed 3-level model connected by a sliding elevator. Level 1 features a traditional fish market, house, a bridge over a stream, and a fishing boat. The second level has a modern fashion store, comic book store, crab restaurant with ‘crab-grilling’ function and cash-dispensing ATM. The vertical city is topped off with Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment, a rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt, and a radio tower. This action-packed THE LEGO® NINJAGO MOVIE™ set also includes 16 minifigures and Sweep the maintenance robot.
- Includes 16 minifigures: Jay, Kai and Lloyd Garmadon (each with new-for-August-2017 high school outfit decoration), Green Ninja Suit, Misako, Jamanakai Villager, Sally, Ivy Walker, Konrad, Severin Black, Tommy, Guy, Juno, Mother Doomsday, Shark Army Gunner and Officer Noonan, plus Sweep the maintenance robot.
- Features a 3-level model (each level lifts off for easy play) connected by a sliding elevator, plus a traditional fishing boat.
- Level 1 features a bridge, sewer outlet, stream with translucent-blue and translucent-green water elements, sliding elevator with room for a minifigure, traditional fish market with fish and crab elements, house with dining room and bedroom with sliding screen doors and foldout ‘solar panels’, Sweep the maintenance robot’s service station with assorted tool elements, and a taxi stand with telephone element.
- Level 2 features a modern fashion store with 2 mannequins and assorted NINJAGO® product elements, a construction site with a bonsai tree, a comic book store with brick-built sign, cashier desk, comic book stand with assorted elements including collectible NINJAGO training cards, a crab restaurant with brick-built crab entrance sign and oven with ‘crab-grilling’ function, a cash-dispensing ATM, 15 bank note elements (ATM can dispense up to 13), and a movie poster display stand with 4 interchangeable movie poster elements.
- Place the uncooked crab element in the oven, turn the dial and open the oven to reveal a cooked crab element.
- Press the handle behind the ATM to dispense bank note elements.
- Level 3 features a radio tower, modern rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt function and brick-built food, bathroom with sliding door, and brick-built puffer fish and squid sculptures, Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment with an opening window, bunk bed, kitchen unit and attic space for the Green Ninja Suit minifigure.
- Turn the dial to activate the sushi conveyor belt.
- Weapons include Jay’s chain with spike and Shark Army Gunner’s fish flame.
- Recreate and role-play exciting THE LEGO® NINJAGO® MOVIE™ scenes.
- NINJAGO® City measures over 24” (63cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 16” (42cm) deep.
- Traditional fishing boat measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.