Last February, we had a glimpse of this year’s range of LEGO Advent Calendars at the highly celebrated New York Toy Fair. Though it’s a bit early for LEGO to be announcing these sets, I guess LEGO fans wouldn’t mind having an early view of these neat, holiday keepsakes. Featuring a fine selection of collectible surprise gifts that draws inspiration from LEGO Star Wars, City and Friends, this year’s LEGO Advent Calendars are now available via shop.LEGO.com and Amazon. Though you might think it’s kind of early for LEGO to offer them to the general public, purchasing them as early as now may perhaps turn out to be a good decision later on. For sure, they will be running out very quickly.
We also saw their official box art images halfway through the year, and this time we now have the whole range of images of this year’s LEGO Advent Calendars, including their product descriptions. Head over to LEGO’s online store for more details, or alternatively, you may also check these sets via Amazon.
Launch into the holidays with the LEGO® Star Wars Advent Calendar!
Open a door of this super-fun advent calendar each day in December to discover a LEGO® Star Wars themed minifigure, starship, vehicle or other collectible. There’s even a foldout playmat featuring images from Jakku, Starkiller Base and deep space for epic Star Wars encounters. This holiday gift is perfect for rebels, Sith Lords, Scavengers and any other life form, and includes 7 minifigures and a BB-8 figure.
- Open a door every day to reveal 24 different LEGO® Star Wars themed gifts.
- Features 7 minifigures plus a fun holiday-themed figure.
- Vehicles include The Ghost, The Phantom, Stormtrooper transport, Rey’s speeder, Millennium Falcon, Snowspeeder, Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle, Y-wing, TIE Striker, Hovertank, AT-ST, blaster cannon, snow blower and a sled with boosters!
- Weapons include 3 blaster pistols and 2 blasters.
- Accessory elements include a wrench and a crowbar.
- Also includes a foldout playmat with Jakku, Starkiller Base and deep space play scenes.
- Collect all the gifts and play out your own epic LEGO® Star Wars adventures.
Celebrate 24 fun days with the LEGO® City Advent Calendar!
Celebrate the holidays with LEGO® City flair, featuring 24 different surprises, one for each day of the season, including Santa’s sleigh, a gingerbread house, Christmas tree, plane, snowman, coast guard helicopter and much more. Includes several different builds and 6 minifigures.
- Includes 6 minifigures: snowboarder kid, grandma, 2 coast guard members, jungle explorer and Santa.
- Features 24 different items including buildings, vehicles, seasonal items and minifigures.
- Open each ‘door’ to reveal the surprise for the day.
- Collect all the minifigures to add to your collections or sets.
- Celebrate the holiday spirit in LEGO® City with this fun Advent calendar.
Countdown to Christmas with LEGO® Friends!
Open the LEGO® Friends Advent Calendar each day in December to add a piece to your Christmas party scene. Includes a Stephanie mini-doll figure in a calendar with 24 secret compartments, each containing its own buildable surprise.
- Includes a Stephanie mini-doll figure in a festive outfit.
- Features 24 gifts, each enclosed in its own compartment in a LEGO® Friends holiday-themed calendar.
- Open a new compartment each day and count down to Christmas with buildable gifts!
- Collect 24 buildable surprises including furry friends and their homes, Christmas tree, gifts and all sorts of surprises.
- Visit LEGO.com/Friends when you’ve collected all the gifts to discover a special combination build on Christmas Day! Ask your parents’ permission.
The LEGO Advent Calendars are quite popular for their neat microscale builds and tons of unique parts and elements, plus the anticipation of what you’ll going to get is fun in itself. I personally want to bag that cute, little snowboarding BB-8 from the Star Wars Advent Calendar. It’s kind of neat to see how LEGO manages to include almost all of the most memorable characters and scenes included in two of the most recent Star Wars films – Rogue One and The Force Awakens.
Be sure to keep tabs with us here at the Brick Show for more LEGO set updates and reviews!