This is a very unexpected announcement from LEGO. A few moments, LEGO’s official social media accounts (via Facebook and Twitter to be exact) uploaded a teaser video that announces the return one of the largest LEGO set ever created. In the video, you can see LEGO Designer Jamie Berard doing a heist inside the recently opened LEGO House in Billund. His goal: to nab the brick-built version of the Taj Mahal and bring it to the masses once again. Here’s the video in case you haven’t seen it yet.
Having dethroned by this year’s UCS Millenium Falcon (75192) from its top spot as the largest LEGO set ever produced, does not necessarily mean that the brick-built architectural wonder is no longer popular. As mentioned, the LEGO Creator Expert Taj Mahal (10256) is a relaunch of 2008’s original model (the LEGO Creator Taj Mahal 10189) coming in at 5,923 pieces. It is expected to retail for $369.99 ($70 more as compared to the original 2008 version) and will be available on Nov. 27 just in time for Cyber Monday. Basically, since it is a re-release, it is expected to be the exact same copy of that from 2008, save for its rehashed box art. Here’s the rest of the set’s official images followed by its product description.
10256 Taj Mahal
Ages 16+. 5,923 pieces.
US $369.99 – CA $449.99 – DE 329.99€ – UK £299.99 – DK 2699.00 DKK
Discover the architectural wonder of the Taj Mahal!
Build and discover the Taj Mahal! The huge ivory-white marble mausoleum, renowned as one of the world’s architectural wonders, was commissioned in 1631 by the Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife, the Empress Mumtaz Mahal. This relaunched 2008 LEGO® Creator Expert interpretation features the structure’s 4 facades with sweeping arches, balconies and arched windows. The central dome, subsidiary domed chambers and surrounding minarets are topped with decorative finials, and the raised platform is lined with recessed arches. The model is finished with ornate detailing throughout and intricate tilework around the base. With more than 5,900 pieces, this set is designed to deliver a rewarding building experience and makes a great display piece for the home or office.
- LEGO® interpretation of the real-world architectural wonder, the Taj Mahal.
- Relaunched 2008 model, featuring 4 facades with arches and arched windows; central dome, 4 subsidiary domed chambers and 4 minarets, all topped with decorative finials; raised platform lined with recessed arches; ornate detailing throughout; and intricate tilework around the base.
- Divides into 7 modular sections for easier transportation.
- Put your LEGO® building skills to the test with one of the largest LEGO models ever created
- Special elements include 6 blue 16×32 baseplates, white 1x5x4 bricks with bow, lots of transparent elements, ‘Erling’ bricks and ‘jumper’ plates.
- Measures over 16” (43cm) high, 20” (51cm) wide and 20” (51cm) deep.