We’re almost halfway through the last week of December, before 2017 gives way to 2018. Our past reports here on The Brick Show are more than enough proof to LEGO fans that our good old brick, model and minifigure company isn’t held back by words like “next year” when announcing new products.
This is easily seen in the recent word that’s come out on some new LEGO Star Wars set releases scheduled for summer of next year. The interesting thing is that apparently, LEGO’s Summer 2018 batch appears to be updated versions of existing models that have already been released in years past.
Here’s a list of what LEGO Star Wars collectors can expect a few months from now:
- Jedi & Clone Troopers Battle Pack (75206)
- Anakin’s Jedi Starfighter (75214) – includes Anakin Skywalker and R2-D2 minifigures
- X-Wing Starfighter (75218) – includes 2 pilots and 2 astromech droid minifigures
- Sandcrawler (75220) – includes minifigures Luke Skywalker, 2 Jawas, 3 droids
- Super Battle Droid (75538)
- 501st Legion Clone Trooper & AT-RT Walker (75539)
- Star Wars 2018 Advent Calendar (75213)
The last three items are notable as the Super Battle Droid (75538) and the 501st Legion Clone Trooper & AT-RT Walker (75539) are new sets without prior versions.
And next year’s Star Wars Advent Calendar sure is coming early. There’s even an early box image with hints as to what micros and minifigures are in store. All three trilogy sets are well-represented with a Prequel-era Naboo star-fighter, Original-era Tatooine land-speeder and Sequel-era character Rose Tico. Get hyped now.