After the official reveal of the next LEGO Ideas set with the TRON: Legacy (21314), LEGO has now released some pretty neat info on the design process that the set went through. Originally submitted as a fan project by brothers Tom and Drew (known as BrickBrosUK over at the LEGO Ideas fan site), this newest LEGO Ideas set is based on Disney’s 2010 sequel, TRON: Legacy. The fan project’s design was later on polished by LEGO Ideas Designer Junya Suzuki and Graphic Designer Mark Tranter.
The LEGO Ideas TRON: Legacy (21314) set comes with several new LEGO pieces such as the printed rims of the lightcycle, the new 2×2 printed identity discs, and the new minifigures of Sam, Quorra and Rinzler. What I like the most are the minifigs that goes with this set, especially its neon on black color scheme and the fine details of their printing. The set will be available in all LEGO Brand Stores and online starting March 31, and will retail for $34.99.
21314 LEGO® Ideas TRON: Legacy
Ages 10+. 230pieces.
US $34.99- CA $44.99 – DE 34.99€ – FR 34.99€ – UK £29.99 – DK 300DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Reimagine Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie scenes with LEGO® bricks!
Build Disney’s TRON: Legacy with this LEGO® Ideas set, featuring 2 Light Cycles, 3 minifigures and a TRON grid/display base to recreate the movie chase scene and Identity Disc battle.
Build, play and display with this futuristic LEGO® Ideas 21314 TRON: Legacy set from Disney, featuring 2 Light Cycles, each with minifigure seats and translucent-colored light-style elements, plus a divisible TRON grid with attachment points for the vehicles. Use the grid as a display base for the Light Cycles or split it in 2 to recreate the chase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie. Alternatively, stage an Identity Disc battle between the 3 included LEGO minifigures—Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler—on the grid. This construction toy includes a booklet with information about its fan creator and LEGO designers, plus the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.
- Includes 3 LEGO® minifigures: Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler.
- Features 2 buildable Light Cycles for Sam Flynn and Rinzler, and a TRON grid/display base.
- Sam Flynn’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-blue light-style elements, including power stream effects.
- Rinzler’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent-orange light-style elements, including power stream effects.
- TRON grid/display base features 2 detachable parts, attachment points for the 2 Light Cycles and translucent-blue elements.
- Divide the grid to recreate the Light Cyclechase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie, or use it to role-play the disc battle scene with the minifigures.
- Includes Quorra’s sword.
- Accessory elements include Sam Flynn and Quorra’s blue Identity Discs, and Rinzler’s 2 orange Identity Discs. Attached to the back of each minifigure.
- This construction toy includes a booklet with building instructions, information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers, and the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.
- Each Light Cycle measures over 1″ (5cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
- TRON grid/display base measures over 8” (22cm) wide and 3” (9cm) deep.