The LEGO Group has teamed up with Peugeot Sport to bring us the LEGO Technic Peugeot 9X8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar (42156), paying homage to the real-life hybrid hypercar ahead of its debut at Le Mans.
The engineering feat of creating a precise 1:10 scale version of the Peugeot 9X8 hypercar was a challenging task for both the LEGO Group and Peugeot Sport design teams. But with their expertise and passion for competition at the highest level, they were able to bring the 9X8 to life with LEGO Technic elements.
The model features the same sleek silhouette, lime flashes on the livery, and elegant profile as the original car, capturing the thrill of racing in every detail.
The LEGO Technic Peugeot 9X8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar boasts impressive features, including a V6 engine connected to the rear wheels and a replica of the electric motor connected to the front wheels. The hypercar’s unique doors, low-emission hybrid powertrain cables, and powerful suspension are all replicated in this fantastic model. Even better, the model includes glow-in-the-dark light elements that will make it stand out in any collection.
This latest brick-built supercar clocks in at 1,775 pieces and measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 9 in. (22 cm) wide, and 19.5 in. (50 cm) long when fully built. It is expected to retail for $200 once it is released on May 1, 2023.
The LEGO version of the Peugeot 9X8 hypercar was unveiled at the first FIA World European Championship race in Portugal and will be available for purchase from May 1st at LEGO stores both online and in-store. Read on for the full product description of this set. You may also click on its respective affiliate link, and add it to your LEGO wishlist.
LEGO Technic PEUGEOT 9X8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar (42156)
1,775 pieces | $199.99 | Coming Soon on May 1, 2023
Celebrate 100 years of racing at Le Mans in 2023 with this LEGO® Technic™ PEUGEOT 9X8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar (42156) set for adults. As the car makes its debut in the LMH class of the World Endurance Championship, you’ll enjoy a rewarding project, recreating details that capture the latest in racing innovation.
Marvel at the details as you assemble your 1:10 scale model race car. Explore the hybrid system, with a V6 piston engine that connects to the rear wheels and a model version of the electric motor and its connected battery. Check out the suspension, designed especially for this model, and the steering, which operates using the steering wheel or the gear wheel on top of the car. Glow-in-the-dark light elements capture the atmosphere from a real 24-hour race.
Get the whole picture
The LEGO Builder app offers an easy way to keep instructions organized. Use the app to zoom in and rotate models in 3D, save sets, track progress and find inspiration for new builds.
- A celebration for race car fans – Pay tribute to 100 years of racing at Le Mans in 2023 with this authentic LEGO® Technic™ PEUGEOT 9X8 24H Le Mans Hybrid Hypercar (42156) model building kit for adults
- Start your engines – Build the hybrid system including V6 piston engine. Check out the opening doors, steering and the suspension on the front and rear designed especially for this model
- Recreate the details – Add the finishing touches to your model with the livery graphics and PEUGEOT and sponsor logos
- Drive through the night – The set includes LEGO® Technic™ light elements that glow in the dark to capture the atmosphere from a real 24-hour race
- A gift for car enthusiasts – Treat yourself or the car lover in your life to this set, which offers a creative building project with a collectible hypercar model to display
- Measurements – This LEGO® Technic™ buildable model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19.5 in. (50 cm) long and 9 in. (22 cm) wide.