We reported earlier how LEGO was taken over by an irresistibly cute avian-like species straight from Star Wars: The Last Jedi. As a part of a promotional campaign, LEGO has teamed up with LEGO certified professional Duncan Titmarsch and his team of master builders at Bright Bricks to create larger-than-life replicas of these beloved critters from the latest chapter in the Star Wars saga. These small, adorable creatures from the alien world of Ahch-To are made even more charming thanks to their excellent brick-built rendition. These LEGO Porgs statues were spotted at some of London’s key areas, including London’s South Bank, going to Millenium Bridge and past St. Paul’s Cathedral, to London’s Trafalgar Square, and finally nesting at the LEGO Store in Leicester Square. For more information on how these LEGO Porg statues were made, be sure to visit Bright Bricks’ blogsite.
If you enjoyed this march of the Porgs and was fortunate enough to spot one of them on these locations, then you might be thrilled to know that LEGO is throwing in one of these LEGO Porg statues for raffle! Yes, one of these 2-feet tall statues (made out of 8,000 LEGO pieces and weighing almost 17 kilos each) can now be yours for free by simply purchasing any LEGO Star Wars products at shop.LEGO.com from December 15 to January 15, 2018.
Valued at £3000 or more than $4,000 USD each, this raffle contest is open to all LEGO VIP members 18 years old and above, residing in the UK, France, Denmark, Belgium, Germany, Sweden, and Austria. Here’s some of the most important contest mechanics as outlined by LEGO, and you can find the whole set of rules right here.
All images posted here are courtesy of Bright Bricks and LEGO.
“These ARE the Porgs you’re looking for…”
LEGO® brings the internet’s heroes of Star Wars: The Last Jedi to London for epic adventure – and gives the public the chance to win their own…
A group of LEGO Porgs – the new Star Wars critters that have set the internet alight – have this week been seen travelling across London and taking in the sights as film fans across the country return to the galaxy far, far away in the latest chapter of the epic Skywalker saga.
LEGO is also giving the public the chance to win one of three of the uniquely built brick birds over the Christmas period*.
From today until the 15th of January, members of LEGO’s free VIP loyalty scheme that buy a LEGO Star Wars set via shop.LEGO.com will automatically be entered into a ballot to be in with a chance to receive their very own LEGO Porg in the new year, the creature adored by stars from the film including Daisy Ridley, Mark Hamill and the film’s director, Rian Johnson – who created them himself.
The group (or ‘murder’) of LEGO Porgs travelled from London’s South Bank, across Millennium Bridge and past St. Paul’s Cathedral – before finishing their sight-seeing tour at London’s Trafalgar Square and the LEGO store in Leicester Square.
*Competition terms & conditions
- Overview: Individuals 18 and above can enter to win life-sized LEGO Porg
- This Sweepstakes (the “Competition”) is sponsored by LEGO System A/S, Aastvej 1, 7190 Billund, Denmark.
- By participating in this Competition, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- Eligibility: To enter this Competition you must be an individual aged 18 and above, a resident of United Kingdom, France, Denmark, Belgium, Germany, Sweden or Austria and submit a valid Entry to the Competition.
Children who wish to participate can ask a parent/legal guardian to submit an entry in the parent’s or legal guardian’s name on behalf of the child. The entrant would be the parent/legal guardian. The parent/legal guardian must meet the requirements for this competition (Official Rules), including the requirements mentioned under section 3.
- You are not eligible to enter if you are an employee, partner or immediate family member of an employee of the LEGO Group or any third-party company or agency directly connected with the creation or administration of this Promotion.
Entry Period: You are automatically entered to the prize draw if you make a LEGO ® Star Wars™ purchase during the validity period. The Entry Period begins at 15/12/2017, 08:00 GMT and ends 15/01/2018, 22:00 GMT (“Entry Period”). Any Entries received after this time shall not be valid.
- How to enter: Simply make a purchase, adhering to the above conditions during the validity period.
- Limitation on entry: One Entry per person during the Entry Period.
- Prize(s): The Winner(s) will receive one (1) LEGO life-sized LEGO Porg. the approximate retail value is £3000. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is available. The prize is subject to availability and the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value. The Prize will be delivered by post to the Winner’s postal address after certification of the Potential Winner(s).