I was at my local Toys ‘R Us (Mall of Georgia) yesterday and discovered a mix of the 2014 summer LEGO sets. We found it interesting that it was such a random mix between multiple themes.
The sets we found are the following:
Look for the reviews for each of these coming soon! Have you found any in your stores? Let us know in the comments.
In this episode of Minifigure Madness we look at the 2005 Jawa vs. the 2014 Jawas. The 2005 Jawa minifigure was released in the Sandcrawler, set 10144. The 2014 Jawa minifigure was released in the Sandcrawler, set 75059. Vote Below on which Jawa you like better:
At the Brick Show Sydney LEGO unveiled the latest in the larger scale Creator series, the Fairground Mixer (10224). Really, it’s a carnival scene that includes an impressive 12 minifigures and 1,746 pieces. As you’ll see in the pictures and designer video the Fairgrounds comes in on two trucks which then convert into a dunk tank, strong man exhibit and the mixer complete with rotating seats and glow in the dark pieces.
US $149.99 – CA $179.99 – AU $199.99 – DE 129.99€ – UK £119.99 – DK 1,199.00 DKK
June 1, 2014; May 18th for VIP Members
Picture Gallery of the Fairground Mixer
Official LEGO Description
Climb aboard the LEGO® Fairground Mixer and hold onto your hat!
Unfold the awesome Fairground Mixer, turn the crank and see it come to life! The fair has come to town and children and adults alike can’t wait to try the rides. Buy your ticket from the ticket booth and climb aboard the Mixer. Then try reaching the golden bell on the high striker or hit the target to plunge the dunk tank lady into the water. As evening falls, the swirling Mixer ride glows in the darkness, before being folded down onto its own trailer for transportation to the next town. This magical fairground is packed with wonderful details that will capture everyone’s imagination. Includes 12 minifigures: a juggling man on stilts, dunk tank lady, strong man challenger, ticket lady, truck driver/ride operator, 2 women, 2 girls, 2 boys and a queasy man who tried the mixer one too many times.
Enjoy the magical atmosphere of the fairground with the LEGO® Fairground Mixer, packed with exciting features and imaginative details.
- Includes 12 minifigures: a juggling man on stilts, dunk tank lady, strong man challenger, ticket lady, truck driver, ride operator, 2 women, 2 girls, 2 boys and a queasy man who tried the mixer one too many times
- Features working Fairground Mixer ride with crank operation, 2 transport trucks, high striker and dunk tank
- Includes glow-in-the-dark elements
- Mixer truck has opening doors, windshield wipers and removable roof to access interior with bed and TV
- Accessory truck holds ticket booth, high-striker and dunk tank
- Accessories include: ice cream, popsicle, lime green cherries, teddy bear, juggling pins and a large and small mallet for the high-striker
- Easily upgrade the Mixer ride with LEGO® Power Functions motors (not included)
- Enjoy the fun of the fair!
- Includes over 1,700 pieces
- Fairground Mixer ride unfolded measures over 11” (30cm) high, 17” (45cm) long and 12” (31cm) wide
The very popular and what we would consider a classic, LEGO Super Heroes Dynamic Duo: Funhouse Escape set has been retired. We noticed this morning that the Retired Product label was added to the page. We bring this to your attention because we believe that this is one of the best (if not THE best) LEGO Super Heroes set ever released. Now, the funhouse was exclusive to the LEGO Store and Toys ‘R Us. If you still want to buy it, you may want check your local stores ASAP before they sell out.
With the retiring of this set, it also means that only 2 sets remain on the market from that initial LEGO Super Heroes wave, which includes The Batcave and Superman vs. Power Armor Lex. It won’t be long before both of those sets are gone too. We would guess The Batcave will stick around the longest as it makes sense that one always be on the market.
Images have surfaced for the 2 LEGO Ninjago 2014 summer sets which includes the Z-1 Ninja Charger and Battle for Ninjago City. Now we have already seen these (see videos below), and though I wish we had more coming for LEGO Ninjago this summer, these 2 sets are fantastic!
Toy Fair Video Footage