LEGO recently announced its first travelling interactive competition based on its highly successful LEGO Ninjago Team. In an interesting mix of both mental and physical challenges laid out in a maze-like training arena, children ages 7 to 12 years old may test their Ninjago mettle together with a teammate through the maze’s eight challenges. Each winning team from different cities across the US will qualify to join the finals, which will be held at LEGOLAND Resort in California to earn the bragging rights to become the ultimate Wu-Cru Team, plus other sweet deals.
Here’s LEGO’s official press release for the Quest2NINJAGO Wu-Cru Team Challenge via PR Newswire.
ENFIELD, Conn., May 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — LEGO Systems, Inc. today announced The Quest2NINJAGO™ Wu-Cru Team Challenge, a traveling interactive competition visiting seven cities across the United States this summer. Based on the blockbuster LEGO® NINJAGO™ property – which comes to life through a collection of building sets and a top-rated animated television series on Cartoon Network – the competition invites children ages 7-12 to use their “ninja” skills to conquer challenges and compete for a chance to be named a Quest2NINJAGO Champion. The winning team from each city will earn a spot as national finalists and receive an all-inclusive trip to LEGOLAND® California Resort, home of the newly opened NINJAGO World and NINJAGO The Ride, where they will compete for the title and grand prize.
The basketball court sized competition course, anchored by large-scale LEGO brick models of two of the property’s most popular characters, Master Wu and Lloyd, features four arenas – Fire, Lightning, Energy, and Earth – each containing two challenges. Children compete in teams of two, using their physical and mental “ninja” skills to make their way through eight timed challenges to earn points, including:
- Element Tumbler Puzzle: crack the code by solving four color pattern challenges
- Kai’s Laser Maze: use physical agility to navigate a tangled web of laser rays
- Jay’s Lightning Maze: guide a wand through a maze without touching the “lightning”
- Mystery Tile Puzzle: correctly place tiles on the board to reveal a secret image
- Madness Mountain: roll “boulders” down a mock mountain to knock out all the enemies
- Lloyd’s Ninja Build: use LEGO bricks to recreate a ninja sculpture
- Cole’s Table Maze: tilt the table to guide a ball through the maze
- Unlock the Chest: find the three pieces to create the key that unlocks the treasure
Contestants are encouraged to pre-register in advance of each stop by visiting The Quest2NINJAGO tour site, which includes a challenge course overview, rules and regulations, exact event times and locations for each city. Walk-up contestants at each challenge stop will be accommodated on a first come, first served basis.
“While beloved for its action-packed storyline and ninja-themed building sets, the NINJAGO universe is also known for celebrating the power of teamwork and problem-solving,” said Michael McNally senior director, brand relations for LEGO Systems. “The Quest2NINJAGO is a one-of-a-kind hands-on, minds-on ‘training’ event, where we literally bring the NINJAGO property to life, encouraging kids to work together to combine their physical and mental talents to master the challenge, just as the teenage ninjas from the television show must do.”
The Quest2NINJAGO: Wu-Cru Team Challenge Tour is scheduled to make the following stops:
- June 10-11 Austin, Texas | Mueller Hangar at The Thinkery
- June 25-26 Charlotte, North Carolina | Pineville Toys”R”Us
- July 9-10 Boston, Massachusetts | N. Attleborough Toys”R”Us
- July 23-24 Chicago, Illinois | Orland Park Toys”R”Us
- July 30-31 St. Louis, Missouri | South County Toys”R”Us
- August 6-7 Minneapolis, Minnesota | Maplewood Toys”R”Us
- August 20-21 Seattle, Washington | Silverdale Toys”R”Us
- September 10 Carlsbad, California | LEGOLAND California Resort
One finalist team from each city will assemble Saturday, September 10 for the grand finale challenge at LEGOLAND California Resort, in Carlsbad, California, which opened the nation’s first NINJAGO-inspired theme park attraction, NINJAGO The Ride, earlier this month. NINJAGO The Ride is a technological breakthrough allowing guests for the first time in North America to use just their hands to control the outcome of their adventure. All finalists will stay the night in the fully-themed LEGOLAND Hotel, receive tickets to enjoy LEGOLAND California and get a behind-the-scenes VIP Experience. The winning team will receive a grand prize including an ultimate NINJAGO prize pack including the entire 2016 line up of LEGO NINJAGO building sets, a full collection of NINJAGO lifestyle goods, such as books, apparel and DVDs, a Toys”R”Us gift card, a LEGO brick-built trophy and their championship photo on the Quest2NINJAGO website.
The Quest2NINJAGO Wu-Cru Challenge is a free-of-charge experience. Guests who do not compete in the challenge will find a range of activities, including play tables for creative building, mini building challenges, and an area to build a LEGO car and race it down a ramp.
The grand prizes itself are simply spectacular. Just imagine the whole Ninjago 2016 summer releases all for the taking! That’s 9 awesome sets waiting to be taken home:
- LEGO Ninjago Titanium Ninja Tumbler (70588)
- LEGO Ninjago Rock Roader (70589)
- LEGO Ninjago Airjutzu Battlegrounds (70590)
- LEGO Ninjago Kryptarium Prison Breakout (70591)
- LEGO Ninjago Salvage M.E.C. (70592)
- LEGO Ninjago The Green NRG Dragon (70593)
- LEGO Ninjago The Lighthoutse Siege (70594)
- LEGO Ninjago Ultra Stealth Raider (70595)
- LEGO Ninjago Samurai X Cave Chaos (70596)
May you be found worthy to be a part of the Wu-Cru!
Thanks Brickset for the tip.