The official images of the LEGO Ninjago Movie sets were already revealed a few days ago, and earlier today, LEGO’s Facebook page has finally lifted the veil off of its rumored direct-to-consumer set, and it’s gigantically awesome! The LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City (70620) has been kept under wraps for quite some time, and now we finally know why. It is one exciting set that is full of visual imagery and colors that dwarfs any other set in comparison. In fact, as noted by Brickset, the Ninjago City is the largest LEGO set released under the Ninjago theme (by far larger than the Temple of Airjitzu 70751 and even Destiny’s Bounty 70618), and in fact, the third largest LEGO set of all time, coming in behind the Taj Mahal (10189) and Star Wars Ultimate Collector’s Millennium Falcon (10179).
Coming in at almost 5,000 pieces, the Ninjago City (70620) will retail for $299.99 and will be available starting September 1, just in time before the LEGO Ninjago Movie hits theaters on September 22. This next LEGO D2C set is also expected to be available for early VIP access sometime in August so better watch out for it. In similar news, Yahoo just recently ran an article describing the creative process behind this ‘insanely’ detailed set through the designers’ various concept arts and preliminary sketches. It’s indeed a work of art, brick art if you may, which is entirely in a league of its own. The building techniques used by the designers, and the Easter eggs that they threw in as well are all for the win. Who wouldn’t adore that minifig with the Galidor shirt?
Here’s the complete set description of the LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City (70620), followed by the rest of its official images.
LEGO Ninjago Movie Ninjago City (70620)
Live the life of a ninja in NINJAGO® City!
Includes 16 minifigures: Jay, Kai and Lloyd Garmadon (each with new-for-August-2017 high school outfit decoration), Green Ninja Suit, Misako, Jamanakai Villager, Sally, Ivy Walker, Konrad, Severin Black, Tommy, Guy, Juno, Mother Doomsday, Shark Army Gunner and Officer Noonan, plus Sweep the maintenance robot.Enjoy endless role-play fun in NINJAGO® City, a hugely-detailed 3-level model connected by a sliding elevator. Level 1 features a traditional fish market, house, a bridge over a stream, and a fishing boat. The second level has a modern fashion store, comic book store, crab restaurant with ‘crab-grilling’ function and cash-dispensing ATM. The vertical city is topped off with Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment, a rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt, and a radio tower. This action-packed THE LEGO® NINJAGO MOVIE™ set also includes 16 minifigures and Sweep the maintenance robot.
- Features a 3-level model (each level lifts off for easy play) connected by a sliding elevator, plus a traditional fishing boat.
- Level 1 features a bridge, sewer outlet, stream with translucent-blue and translucent-green water elements, sliding elevator with room for a minifigure, traditional fish market with fish and crab elements, house with dining room and bedroom with sliding screen doors and foldout ‘solar panels’, Sweep the maintenance robot’s service station with assorted tool elements, and a taxi stand with telephone element.
- Level 2 features a modern fashion store with 2 mannequins and assorted NINJAGO® product elements, a construction site with a bonsai tree, a comic book store with brick-built sign, cashier desk, comic book stand with assorted elements including collectible NINJAGO training cards, a crab restaurant with brick-built crab entrance sign and oven with ‘crab-grilling’ function, a cash-dispensing ATM, 15 bank note elements (ATM can dispense up to 13), and a movie poster display stand with 4 interchangeable movie poster elements.
- Place the uncooked crab element in the oven, turn the dial and open the oven to reveal a cooked crab element.
- Press the handle behind the ATM to dispense bank note elements.
- Level 3 features a radio tower, modern rooftop sushi bar with sushi conveyor belt function and brick-built food, bathroom with sliding door, and brick-built puffer fish and squid sculptures, Lloyd Garmadon and Misako’s apartment with an opening window, bunk bed, kitchen unit and attic space for the Green Ninja Suit minifigure.
- Turn the dial to activate the sushi conveyor belt.
- Weapons include Jay’s chain with spike and Shark Army Gunner’s fish flame.
- Recreate and role-play exciting THE LEGO® NINJAGO® MOVIE™ scenes.
- NINJAGO® City measures over 24” (63cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 16” (42cm) deep.
- Traditional fishing boat measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (10cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.