As we close in towards the end of this quarter, more and more info seems to land on the internet regarding the LEGO Movie 2 sets prior to the sequel’s theatrical debut on February, 2019. We had a full reveal of the new Wasteland Batman costume a few days ago, and it is expected that this Mad Max-like version of the Dark Knight will eventually make its way as a minifigure in any of the upcoming LEGO Movie 2 sets scheduled for next year. And speaking about new LEGO sets, Amazon France is on the lead again in giving us more information about these upcoming tie-in sets.
This year’s San Diego Comic Con also saw the reveal of three LEGO Movie 2 sets, with an expected release date of early January. Other than these confirmed sets, it looks like we will have additional 9 sets under the film’s belt and more as we count weeks before the rest of the reveal sometime late December or January. As consolidated by Price Vortex, we now have additional info on these sets’ piece count and expected retail price. Here’s what we have so far.
- 70821 The LEGO Movie 2 (117 pieces – 19.99 €)
- 70822 The LEGO Movie 2 (76 pieces – 9.99 €)
- 70823 The LEGO Movie 2 (174 pieces – 14.99 €)
- 70824 The LEGO Movie 2 (115 pieces – 19.99 €)
- 70826 The LEGO Movie 2 (236 pieces – 29.99 €)
- 70827 Ultrakitty & Warrior Lucy (348 pieces – 29.99 €)
- 70828 The LEGO Movie 2 (1014 pieces – 99.99 €)
- 70829 Emmet & Lucy’s Escape Buggy (550 pieces – 49.99 €)
- 70830 Sweet Mayhem’s Systar Starship (502 pieces – 74.99 €)
- 70831 The LEGO Movie 2 (706 pieces – 64.99 €)
- 70832 The LEGO Movie 2
- 70833 The LEGO Movie 2
- 70834 The LEGO Movie 2
- 70836 The LEGO Movie 2 (168 pieces – 19.99 €)
- 70840 The LEGO Movie 2
- 70841 The LEGO Movie 2 (68 pieces – 9.99 €)
It is interesting to note that its very likely that there will be a LEGO BrickHeadz single and dual sets under this theme considering that there are sets listed above that are within the price range of 9.99 and 19.99 Euros. Another point of interest is set 70840 which seem to be the largest among all the listed sets so far. Amazon FR shows that this set’s box packaging measures at 58.2cm X 17cm X 48 cm. (LxWxH), which is very similar to that of the LEGO Movie MetalBeard’s Sea Cow (70810) D2C set clocking at 2,741 pieces. We can safely guess that set 70840 may perhaps be the largest direct-to-consumer set that LEGO has in store for The LEGO Movie 2.
Based from the looks of it, LEGO is posed to release a huge collection of tie-in sets that can rival those from the first film. Not included in this listing are polybags and other LEGO Movie 2 gift-with-purchase sets. We’re surely off to a good start in 2019. The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part is scheduled to open in cinemas in the US on February 8, with more LEGO tie-in sets to be revealed at the end of this year. Remember to subscribe to our blog site and stay tuned here in The Brick Show!