LEGO has released an accompanying designer video that shows us the many intricate details and cool, hidden features that comes with the now available, LEGO Batman 1989 Batwing (76161). Senior LEGO Designer Adam Grabowski gives us a closer look at what we can expect from this premium collectible set. Watch the video below.
Similar to last year’s LEGO Batman 1989 Batmobile (76139), the Batwing takes its cue from Tim Burton’s late 80s vision of the Dark Knight and gives it a LEGO twist that fans can clearly identify. Coming in at 2,363 pieces this accurate, centerpiece brick rendition of the 1989 Batwing is the first model to be capable of being displayed as a wall-mounted set. Thanks to a new wall hanger element that was first introduced in the LEGO Art theme, this version of the LEGO Batwing can be securely mounted on a wall despite its massive size and weight. According to Adam, this particular Technic piece is also quite concealed within the build which also prevents the set from accidentally slipping or dropping from its mount giving it an impressive, seamless display.
The set also comes with an info plate and three limited-edition minifigures: Batman and his exclusive one-piece rubber cowl and cape, a mime version of the Joker, and Lawrence the Boombox Goon. Other than last year’s Batmobile (76139), this minifigure version of the Caped Crusader can only be found in this 18+ set, giving it a more exclusive feel.
The LEGO Batman 1989 Batwing (76161) is currently available for $199.99 over at LEGO Shop@Home and in your nearest LEGO brand store. Check out the set’s official product description below. You may also click the following affiliate link if you wish to check out the rest of the set’s details and photos.
LEGO Batman 1989 Batwing (76161)
2,363 pieces | $199.99 | Available Now
This is no kid’s toy. If you’re serious about BATMAN™, comic book superheroes, or making cool models, this LEGO® DC BATMAN 1989 Batwing is for you!
Batwing construction project
Recreate the authentic detail and gothic elegance of BATMAN’s iconic aircraft, the Batwing, with this LEGO brick build-and-display model. The impressive reproduction features realistic details, a removable canopy, full interior, poseable flaps, and a new special brick that will allow you to mount and display your model on your wall. There’s also a stand, nameplate, and 3 minifigures – BATMAN™, THE JOKER™, and a Lawrence the Boombox Goon™ – to create an impressive setting for your model.
LEGO brick model-making kits
Escape the busy world for a moment and discover the joy of creative construction with adult LEGO building sets. Satisfying to build and stunning to display, adult LEGO kits make great birthday gifts, holiday presents, and personal treats for anyone interested in model making or comic culture.
- Indulge your passion for the Caped Crusader™ with the LEGO® DC BATMAN™ 1989 Batwing. If you’re an adult Batman fan or a model-building enthusiast, this buildable display model of the Batwing is for you!
- The iconic style of the Batwing from the 1989 BATMAN™ movie is enhanced by a sturdy stand, nameplate, and 3 minifigures: BATMAN, THE JOKER™, and a Boombox goon.
- This challenging and rewarding building project provides an engrossing and stress-relieving break from the real world – and will look great when displayed on the wall or on its stand in your home or workplace.
- Any superhero or LEGO® fan will love this 2,363-piece construction kit. Whether you buy it for yourself, as a birthday gift, or a holiday present, the LEGO Batwing model is sure to deliver hours of enjoyment.
- Measuring over 4” (11cm) high, 20” (52cm) long, and 22” (58cm) wide, the LEGO® DC BATMAN™ 1989 Batwing looks stunning on its stand and when attached to the wall.