If you recall from late December of last year, LEGO Ideas launched a contest similar to what it did with the Music To Our Ears fan vote contest. And this time around, the contest’s theme centers on our love for sports – whether be it your favorite athlete, team, or for the love of the sports itself. The LEGO Ideas We Love Sports! fan vote contest is now in its crowd vote phase, with 10 outstanding builds that fans can support and vote for.
The mechanics of the contest is pretty straightforward: the contest entry with the most number of fan votes from February 15 to 25 will be declared as the Grand Winner and thus, entitled to receive the following goodies:
- A custom LEGO trophy
- One (1) LEGO Ideas International Space Station (21321) set
- One (1) LEGO Ideas Pirates of Barracuda Bay (21322) set
- One (1) LEGO Ideas Grand Piano (21323) set
- One (1) LEGO Ideas 123 Sesame Street (21324) set
- One (1) LEGO Ideas Medieval Blacksmith (21325) set
- A LEGO Ideas Tote Bag
And from this pool of 10 finalists, the LEGO Ideas Review Team will select one product idea that has the potential to become the next official LEGO Ideas set. Similar to the mechanics of its previous Music To Our Ears contest, the Review Team’s choice of a product idea is independent of that from the product idea that received the most number of fan votes. If an entry was eventually chosen to be the next official LEGO Ideas set, then the fan designer will receive:
- 1% of the total net sales of the product
- 10 complimentary copies of the entry’s official LEGO Ideas set
- Credit and bio in set materials as the LEGO Ideas Fan Designer
With that out of the way, let’s take a look at the finalists for the LEGO Ideas We Love Sports! fan vote contest. You may click on the following links below to vote for your favorite sports-themed build. Remember that you can only cast your vote once so be sure to choose your entry carefully. The fan vote phase will also end on February 25 next week.
Which LEGO Ideas We Love Sports! finalist did you vote for? Let us know in the comments below.