Just a quick heads-up: for those of who you are eagerly waiting for the arrival of the LEGO Ideas Typewriter (21327), then you’ll be glad to know that the set is now available for early VIP release starting today, June 16th.
Coming in at 2,079 pieces, the LEGO Ideas Typewriter retails for $200 and is the brainchild of LEGO fan builder, LEGO Ideas 10K member, and former LEGO Masters UK 2017 champion Steve Guinness. The set itself was also inspired by a bit of LEGO history since The LEGO Group’s founder, Ole Kirk Christiansen is fond of using his sand green Erika-10 typewriter back in the day.
If you’re looking forward to having this set then be sure to click the following affiliate link below. Happy building!
2,079 pieces | $199.99
Unplug from your digital life and recall simpler times as you build a LEGO® Ideas model of an old-fashioned typewriter (21327). The design is inspired by the classic typewriter used by the LEGO Group’s founder Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and it moves and sounds just like the real thing. The brick-built center typebar rises each time a letter key is pressed and is linked to the carriage that moves across as you type. There is also a platen roller that you can feed real paper into.
Created by a LEGO fan for fans
Created by a LEGO fan and voted for by LEGO fans, this detailed typewriter model comes with a letter written by Thomas Kirk Kristiansen, a member of the fourth generation of the LEGO Group’s owner family – slot his letter into the typewriter to complete a delightful display piece.
Part of a collection of premium-quality LEGO building kits for adults, this model comes with clear instructions and makes the best gift for yourself, LEGO fans, writers, and lovers of all things retro.
- Spark nostalgic feelings and the curiosity of younger fans who have never seen a typewriter before with this LEGO® Ideas build-and-display model (21327) that moves and sounds like the real thing.
- Features a center typebar that rises each time a letter key is pressed, linked to a carriage that moves across as you type, plus a platen roller that you can feed real paper into.
- The design is inspired by the classic typewriter used by the LEGO Group’s founder Ole Kirk Kristiansen.
- Includes a booklet with 43 language versions of a letter written and signed by Thomas Kirk Kristiansen of the LEGO Group’s owner family. Choose your language and put the letter on the typewriter.
- Great for spending quality time alone or with the family, this nostalgic, collectible model makes a unique birthday or holiday gift for yourself, LEGO® fans, writers, and lovers of all things retro.
- The typewriter model measures over 4.5 in. (11 cm) high, 10.5 in. (27 cm) wide, and 10.5 in. (26 cm) deep and is a delightful display piece to photograph and share pictures of with friends.