It has been a bit like a treasure hunt lately, trying to spot what could be the most difficult to find LEGO Ideas set around. From its rumored discontinuation, to its elusive and brief reappearance at shop.LEGO.com, the LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V (21309) is like a LEGO set that landed on the dark side of the moon: you know it’s out there but you can’t just put your finger where it is.
But perhaps this piece of relatively good news may be a much needed one, especially for those of you who are still eagerly waiting to have their try on this set since June. This time around, Amazon has listed set 21309 and is now available for purchase.
As of this posting, the LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V (21309) is now back in stock on Amazon for the same retail price of $119.99. This set is still listed at shop.LEGO.com as Temporarily Out of Stock so it’s a breath of fresh air to see this set up again. So if you still feel the need to tick off the NASA Apollo Saturn V from your LEGO wishlist, then this is the best time to do so. Similar to the LEGO Batman Movie The Joker Manor, we really can’t tell if and when the LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V will still available online, so I guess it’s a choice that you have to make as soon as possible. Be sure to check out Amazon’s listing for more details.
LEGO Ideas NASA Apollo Saturn V (21309)
Build the first rocket to land people on the Moon!
Display and role-play with this majestic meter-high LEGO® brick model of the NASA Apollo Saturn V. Packed with authentic details, it features 3 removable rocket stages, including the S-IVB third stage with the lunar lander and lunar orbiter. The set also includes 3 stands to display the model horizontally, 3 new-for-June-2017 astronaut microfigures for role-play recreations of the Moon landings, plus a booklet about the manned Apollo missions and the fan designers of this educational and inspirational LEGO Ideas set.
- Features a meter-high (approximately 1:110 scale) model of the NASA Apollo Saturn V with a removable S-IC first rocket stage with main rocket engine details, removable S-II second rocket stage with rocket engine details, removable S-IVB third rocket stage with the Apollo spacecraft and rescue rocket at top of the whole spacecraft, plus 3 stands to display the model horizontally.
- The Apollo spacecraft features the lunar lander and the lunar orbiter.
- Also includes 3 new-for-June-2017 astronaut microfigures.
- Great for display and role-playing the manned Apollo Moon missions.
- Includes a booklet about the manned Apollo Moon missions and the fan designers of this set.
- This set includes over 1,900 pieces.
- Measures over 39″ (100cm) high and 6” (17cm) in diameter.