After all the teasing via social media, and an unintentional reveal via a German automobile fan site, LEGO has now pulled back the veil from its next top secret set in tribute to the world’s classiest secret agent of all time. The LEGO Creator Expert James Bond Aston Martin DB5 (10262) set takes its cue from 007’s iconic 1960’s sports car that comes fully-loaded with all the accessories that a suave secret agent needs. This set comes in at a total of 1,290 pieces and is slated to be released on August 1 retailing for USD $150. For those who are anxiously waiting if the set will come with a LEGO James Bond minifigure, I’m sorry to say that it doesn’t. I’m not really sure about the reason behind it, but I guess this is somehow in line with LEGO Creator Expert’s long-standing tradition with its vehicles subtheme which does not include any relevant minifigures.
Check out this trove of official images of the LEGO Creator Expert James Bond Aston Martin DB5 (10262) set, followed by its special introductory video.
LEGO Creator Expert James Bond Aston Martin DB5 (10262)
Ages 16+. 1,290 pieces
US $149.99 – CA $179.99 – DE 149.99€ – UK £129.99 – FR 149.99€ DK – 1399DK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Uncover the secrets of the Bond… James Bond Aston Martin DB5!
Experience the James Bond Aston Martin DB5 with a wealth of sophisticated details and 007 gadgetry, including rotating license plates, ejector seat, tyre scythes and front wing machine guns.
Get a license to build with the awesome LEGO® Creator Expert 10262 James Bond Aston Martin DB5. This impressive replica model captures the elegance and timeless sophistication of Agent 007’s iconic 1964 sports car, and comes with a wealth of authentic details and functioning gadgetry. Open the doors and you’ll discover a detailed interior with a concealable tracking computer and a door compartment containing a telephone. And when it’s time for action, activate the passenger ejection seat, turn the rotating license plates, raise the rear-window bullet shield, deploy the wheel-mounted tire slashers and pull back the stick shift to reveal the front-wing machine guns. This collectible model car also features a detailed straight-6 engine, drum lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, molded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts and front and rear Aston Martin logos. The model has been designed to provide a challenging and rewarding building experience full of nostalgia—a must-have for fans of the Aston Martin DB5, James Bond movies and LEGO building sets.
- Authentic replica of the world-famous 1964 Aston Martin DB5 sports car, featuring a classic design with drum lacquered silver front and rear bumpers, molded silver-colored wire wheel rim inserts, opening trunk, hood and doors, and a wealth of James Bond gadgetry, including a working ejection seat, rotating license plates, rear-window bullet shield, front-wing machine guns and wheel mounted tire slashers.
- This LEGO® James Bond Aston Martin DB5 model also features opening doors and a detailed interior with a concealable tracking computer and door compartment with telephone.
- Lift the hood to check out the straight-6 engine detailing.
- Pull back the rear bumper to eject unwelcome passengers.
- Rotate the license plates, raise the rear-window bullet shield and deploy the wheel-mounted tyre scythes
- Pull back the stick shift to reveal the front-wing machine guns.
- Own this collectible replica of the Aston Martin DB5, as featured in the classic James Bond Goldfinger movie.
- New-for-August-2018 special elements include a drum-lacquered macaroni connector, 2×4 tile and 1m beam, plus a printed 1×2 tile with grille pattern.
- Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 13” (34cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.