Releasing a toy line that interacts with a mobile game app doesn’t happen in a day. That’s the story behind “Hidden Side,” a spooky-themed new LEGO set line introduced in February. We know the backstory. We’ve seen the app features and sets. Now we get to see the official packaging.
We can thank Amazon UK for finally listing the sets for LEGO Hidden Side. Thus far there are seven sets shown. Each depicts a landmark or location in the game setting of Newbury High School. “Hidden Side” has players exploring these locales which transform into haunted versions when night falls.
- Lab (70418) – laboratory setup with spirit portal; three minifigures and one “ghost-dog” figure
- Boat (70419) – river tugboat and kayak with haunted waterfront; four minifigures, one “ghost-dog” and one gator figure
- Graveyard (70420) – haunted cemetery; five minifigures (one skeleton and one angel statue) plus “ghost-dog” figure
- Truck (70421) – weapon-laden monster truck and tricycle; four minfiigures (two ghosts) and (again) one “ghost-dog” figure
- School Bus (70423) – weapon-laden school bus, roadwork obstacles and port-a-potty; five minifigures (two ghosts) and that “ghost-dog” figure
- Train (70424) – haunted ghost-train (with track) and station; five minifigures (two ghosts) and you-know-what
- High School (70425) – central location of the “Hidden Side” setting; the Newbury High school building that makes like the “Monster House” at night; seven minifigures, three of which are ghosts or spooky creatures, like that “ghost-dog” figure
From the original product announcement months ago, there’s actually one more set that wasn’t featured here. It’s the Hidden Side Diner (70422). It’ll probably pop up later, whether on Amazon UK too or someplace else. LEGO Hidden Side, both sets and apps, are scheduled to released sometime late summer, 2019.