LEGO has just revealed its next direct-to-consumer (D2C) set that will surely win the hearts of Disney Park fans. Coming in at 2,925 pieces, the LEGO Disney Train and Station (71044) building set is not just aesthetically pleasing to look at, but also includes a Powered Up Hub and Motor which can be controlled remotely using a smart device. This set will retail for $329.99 USD and will be available to LEGO VIP members beginning August 21, with a general public release on September 1st. This is the next large Disney set that LEGO has offered following the release of the humongous LEGO Disney Castle (71040) back in 2016. In case you’ve noticed, the LEGO Disney Train and Station also gives us our first proper Goofy minifigure. We first saw him given the LEGO treatment in the Mickey and Friends Beach House (10827) Duplo set, but it does not kind of fit the common minifig category. Thankfully, we finally have an official LEGO minifigure version of him. I just wished that LEGO has thrown in a Pluto minifig as well.
Read on for the LEGO Disney Train and Station’s full product description and official images.
LEGO Disney Train and Station (71044)
Ages 12+. 2925 pieces
Available Sept. 1 (Aug. 21 for LEGO VIP members)
US $329.99 – CA $379.99 – DE €329.99 – UK £299.99 – FR €329.99 – DK 2499DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Celebrate the magic with the LEGO® ǀ Disney Train and Station!
Gather the family for a rewarding build and play experience with the LEGO® ǀ Disney 71044 Train and Station. Kids will love to join Disney characters Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale and Goofy for magical adventures with this awesome LEGO train set, featuring a motorized steam-style locomotive with tender, passenger car, and a luxurious parlor car, plus an oval track and an iconic Disney Parks®-style station building. This set comes with an array of cool details, including app-controlled functionality. Use a smartphone or tablet to drive the locomotive forward, reverse and emit realistic sound effects. Joining up the train cars is simple with the magnetic LEGO couplings, and the panels on the parlor car open for access to its detailed interior complete with table, armchairs, teapot, and cup. And the fun doesn’t end there! Inside the toy train station building, there’s an array of intricate brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO surprise!
- Includes 5 uniquely decorated LEGO® ǀ Disney minifigures with accessories: Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Chip, Dale, and Goofy minifigures.
- The LEGO® ǀ Disney Train and Station includes 16 curved pieces and 4 straight pieces of track, locomotive, tender, passenger car, parlor car and an iconic station building.
- Locomotive features a large red fender, red wheels with working coupling rods, a big smokestack and a driver’s cab.
- Tender contains a LEGO® Powered Up 88009 Hub and a LEGO Powered Up 88011 Train Motor.
- Train and sound effects can be controlled via a smart device. Connect via Bluetooth from the LEGO® Powered Up app.
- Requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- Passenger car has seating for the LEGO® ǀ Disney minifigures.
- Remove the panel on the parlor car to access a rich interior with table, armchairs, teapot, and cup.
- Station exterior features a detailed facade with balcony, clock and 2 flagged towers.
- Station interior features a ticket counter, café corner and an array of brick-built furnishings and details, including draped windows, wall clock, ceiling chandelier and a tower room with a little LEGO® ǀ Disney surprise.
- Easily connect the cars with the included LEGO® magnetic couplings.
- This LEGO® building toy includes more than 2,900 pieces.
- The LEGO® ǀ Disney train toy (in total) measures over 4” (12cm) high, 30” (78cm) long and 3” (8cm) wide.
- LEGO® ǀ Disney train station building measures over 15” (39cm) high, 14” (36cm) wide and 6” (16cm) deep.
- Oval rail track diameter measures over 37” (96cm) long and 27” (70cm) wide.