A couple of weeks ago, we had our first pair of official images for LEGO Technic’s flagship set, the LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 (42100). As we come closer to the holiday sales rush, German LEGO online retailer Lucky Bricks, now provides us with more official images and product description for this mammoth-sized brick wonder. Coming in at 4,108 parts and motorized by LEGO’s Powered-Up technology and Control+ app, the Liebherr R 9800 (42100) is expected to retail for an equally large sum of $449.99.00 USD. Check out these photos for a closer look, and read on for the full product description. Please do take note that this based from a rough Google Translation so I can’t vouch for a 100% accurate English translation. Thanks again to Promobricks for the tip.
LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 (42100)
Get ready for a colossal LEGO® construction and gaming experience with the LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator consisting of 4,108 parts.
The model was developed in collaboration with Liebherr, is controlled via the intuitive LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL + app and powered by two advanced Smarthubs with 7 motors. The sophisticated app technology enables super-precise movements and impressive functions. At the same time, it offers endless authentic digital game combination options with 4 different control screens and cool graphics. The multi-functional control allows users to move the machine in all directions, rotate the body, extend and raise the boom, open and tilt the bucket, play realistic sound effects, and receive feedback in real-time, such as: For example, position, power consumption, and distances. Using the touchscreen, users can use the drag function to drag the boom, control the arm and the shovel. Custom movements allow you to select a preset command, but you can also save your own model’s movements to create complex sequences of motion. In addition, users can master challenges and receive rewards for their success.
• For a compelling and realistic gaming experience and hours of fun, the excavator model can be combined with the LEGO® TECHNIC CONTROL + app.
• The app-controlled LEGO® Technic Liebherr R 9800 excavator is controlled via a mobile device and 4 different control screens. At LEGO.com/devicecheck, you can check if your device is compatible.
• Multi-functional control: drive back and forth, steer, rotate the body, raise and lower the extendable boom, open and tilt the bucket, and get feedback on the model; B. on the position of boom and body, power consumption and distance.
• One-Touch Controls: Select commands on the touch screen and see how the excavator performs them.
• Custom Movements: Use preset commands or save actions taken by the excavator for even more complex motions.
• Challenges and Achievements: Most challenging challenges to receive rewards.
• Replica of the Liebherr R 9800 excavator with a range of true-to-life features and functions, complemented by an authentic color pattern and cool sticker details.
• Contains 3 XL motors, 4 L motors, and 2 Bluetooth-controlled Smart hubs.
• The Smarthub has a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connection, an activation button, 6 axis sensors (3 gyro sensors and 3 sensors for acceleration measurement) and 4 connection options.
• The app allows users to connect multiple hubs for accurate and realistic movements.
• Download the app from the App Store or the Google Play Store. Ask your parents for permission before you go online.
• Batteries are required for the excavator toy (not included). Information on the type and number of batteries can be found on the product packaging.
• With LEGO® Technic Construction Toys, LEGO Builders get to know the world of technology.
• Not compatible with LEGO® Power Functions.
• The Liebherr R 9800 excavator is 39 cm high, 65 cm long and 27 cm wide.