For those looking forward in being among the first to have the largest LEGO Technic set to date, you’ll be glad to know that LEGO Shop@Home has now listed the LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 (42100) for pre-order. This massive LEGO Technic set clocks in at 4,108 pieces and will retail for $449.99 USD. LEGO is quite mum about the set’s release date even when official images and product description of the Liebherr R 9800 were released last month. However, the set’s listing over at shop.LEGO.com now states that it will be available to all beginning October 1st. Currently the most sophisticated LEGO Technic set ever made, the LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 (42100) comes with 3 XL motors, 4 L motors, and 2 Bluetooth-controlled Smart hubs. All of these controlled by the new LEGO Control+ app.
Check out the rest of the set’s detail over at LEGO Shop@Home, and if you are looking forward to purchasing this massive set kindly click and purchase using the following affiliate link below.
Get ready for a colossal LEGO® build and play experience with the 4,108-piece LEGO Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator. Developed in partnership with Liebherr, this replica model is operated via the intuitive LEGO TECHNIC CONTROL+ app and powered by 2 advanced Smart Hubs with 7 motors. The sophisticated app technology enables super-precise movement and amazing functionality, while delivering endless authentic digital play combinations via 4 different control screens with cool graphics. The Multi-function control screen enables users to drive the machine in all directions, rotate the superstructure, extend and raise the boom, open and tilt the bucket, play realistic sound effects and get real-time feedback, such as boom position, power usage and drive distance. With the One-touch screen, users can use drag patterns to control the boom, arm and bucket, while the Custom-built movements screen enables them to choose pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements. And, with the Challenges & achievements screen, users can complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- This excavator model features the LEGO® TECHNIC™ CONTROL+ app for a more immersive and realistic play experience and hours of fun.
- The app-controlled LEGO® Technic™ Liebherr R 9800 Excavator is operated via a smart device with 4 alternative control screens. Go to LEGO.com/devicecheck for a list of compatible smart devices.
- Multi-function control: Drive forward, reverse, steer, rotate the superstructure, extend, raise and lower the boom, open and tilt the bucket and get model feedback, such as boom and superstructure position, power usage and drive distance.
- One-touch control: Select an on-screen drag pattern and see the excavator respond to your command.
- Custom-built movements: Use pre-set commands or record the model’s actions to create complex sequences of movements.
- Challenges & achievements: Complete challenges to unlock reward badges.
- Replica of the Liebherr R 9800 Excavator with an array of true-to-life features and functions, finished with an authentic color scheme and cool sticker detailing.
- Includes 3 XL Motors, 4 L Motors and 2 Bluetooth-controlled Smart Hubs.
- Smart Hubs feature Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) connectivity, activation button, 6 axis sensor (3 gyro and 3 accelerometer sensors) and 4 connectivity ports.
- The app allows users to connect to multiple hubs, ensuring precise and true-to-life movements.
- Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Ask your parents’ permission before going online.
- This excavator toy requires batteries (not included). Please refer to the product packaging for type and quantity.
- This LEGO® Technic™ construction toy introduces LEGO builders to advanced elements of engineering.
- Not compatible with the Power Functions systems.
- Liebherr R 9800 Excavator measures over 15” (39cm) high, 25” (65cm) long and 10” (27cm) wide.