A couple of months ago, we managed to share a partial listing of what to expect from the upcoming LEGO Harry Potter CMF Series 2 (71028) where we looked at an initial roster of who’s who in this anticipated Collectible Minifigure Series. And if you’re closely following the trail of virtual bread crumbs (aka leaks) on this CMF series on social media, you probably have an idea on what to expect from this follow-up licensed series. Same as before, we’re not allowed to post its images here, but if don’t mind some spoilers then just go ahead and navigate your way through Google or Instagram.
In the meantime, read on to know what you can expect from the LEGO Harry Potter CMF Series 2 (71028). For starters, what we’re sure of is the fact that LEGO already confirmed its arrival in September, and that there’s a total of 16 Harry Potter characters to collect from this series. Here’s a brief description of each of the characters included, as they appear in the series’ minifigure checklist.
- Harry Potter with Advanced Potion-Making book.
- Professor Albus Dumbledore as seen from the Chamber of Secrets, together with a new (and far better) LEGO version of Fawkes the phoenix.
- Hermione Granger with a butterbeer glass accessory and striped clothing.
- Ron Weasley with a similar butterbeer glass accessory and striped shirt.
- Luna Lovegood with a new lion hat accessory (unlike that from the lion costume from TLM2 CMF 71023).
- Griphook in his Gringotts outfit, and an interesting new Sword of Gryffindor piece.
- Lily Potter with a Baby Harry Potter figure in contrast to that Baby Voldemort figure that came with the LEGO Harry Potter The Rise of Voldemort (75965) set from last year.
- James Potter holding what seems to be a 2×4 printed tile depicting the couple’s photo.
- Ginny Weasley on her Slug Club dress outfit during the club’s Christmas Party. This minifigure version also has a sort of wine glass accessory.
- Fred Weasley with a cap accessory and what looks to be his signature Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes case. It will surely be nice if the case comes out as a printed piece.
- George Weasley with a similar cap accessory and the iconic Marauder’s Map.
- Bellatrix Lestrange in her Azkaban outfit, handcuffs, and prison ID.
- Kingsley Shacklebolt with broom accessory. The cap and the robe is a nice touch for this minifigure.
- Moaning Myrtle with Tom Riddle’s diary.
- Professor Pomona Sprout with a mandrake figure.
- Neville Longbottom in school robes (unlike that from 71022) with a Book of Monsters figure.
What we can also confirm is that the LEGO Harry Potter CMF Series 2 (71028) will also come with the same angled bar with stud pieces that were first introduced in the LEGO DC Super Heroes CMF (71026). As you may know already, this particular piece allows for some dynamic posing of the minifigures when they are placed on their respective stands.
Since the LEGO Harry Potter CMF Series 2 is slated to be released next month, then we can expect some news from LEGO anytime soon. Similar to previous offerings, we can expect each blind bag to be retailed at $4.99 each. We’ll give you more updates such as box distribution and other details once they are available.
Thanks to Stonewars for the heads up.