After releasing a teaser earlier this week, LEGO has finally revealed the nostalgic and elegant LEGO Ideas Typewriter (21327). From the creative mind of LEGO fan builder Steve Guinness from the UK, this next LEGO Ideas set pays tribute to one of the iconic office tools that are close to the heart of LEGO Group founder Ole Kirk Christiansen.
The LEGO Ideas Typewriter (21327) comes in a sand green color scheme and mirrors the functions and tactility of a classic typewriter. There’s also a center typebar that rises each time a letter key is pressed, while its carriage actually moves across as you type. It also includes a platen roller that real paper can be fed into. There’s no mention of an optional Powered Up function similar to the Grand Piano (21323), so I guess LEGO intends to retain the Typewriter’s classic look and feel on this one.
This latest LEGO Ideas set clocks in at 2,079 pieces and will retail for $200 once it releases on June 16 for LEGO VIP members, and on July 1 for the general public. Click on the following affiliate link to know more, and to add this to your LEGO wishlist.
LEGO Ideas Typewriter (21327)
2,079 pieces | $199.99 | Coming soon on July 1; with an early VIP release on June 16, 2021.
Unplug from your digital life and recall simpler times as you build a LEGO® Ideas model of an old-fashioned typewriter (21327). The design is inspired by the classic typewriter used by the LEGO Group’s founder Ole Kirk Kristiansen, and it moves and sounds just like the real thing. The brick-built center typebar rises each time a letter key is pressed and is linked to the carriage that moves across as you type. There is also a platen roller that you can feed real paper into.
Created by a LEGO fan for fans
Created by a LEGO fan and voted for by LEGO fans, this detailed typewriter model comes with a letter written by Thomas Kirk Kristiansen, a member of the fourth generation of the LEGO Group’s owner family – slot his letter into the typewriter to complete a delightful display piece.
Part of a collection of premium-quality LEGO building kits for adults, this model comes with clear instructions and makes the best gift for yourself, LEGO fans, writers, and lovers of all things retro.
- Spark nostalgic feelings and the curiosity of younger fans who have never seen a typewriter before with this LEGO® Ideas build-and-display model (21327) that moves and sounds like the real thing.
- Features a center typebar that rises each time a letter key is pressed, linked to a carriage that moves across as you type, plus a platen roller that you can feed real paper into.
- The design is inspired by the classic typewriter used by the LEGO Group’s founder Ole Kirk Kristiansen.
- Includes a booklet with 43 language versions of a letter written and signed by Thomas Kirk Kristiansen of the LEGO Group’s owner family. Choose your language and put the letter on the typewriter.
- Great for spending quality time alone or with the family, this nostalgic, collectible model makes a unique birthday or holiday gift for yourself, LEGO® fans, writers, and lovers of all things retro.
- The typewriter model measures over 4.5 in. (11 cm) high, 10.5 in. (27 cm) wide, and 10.5 in. (26 cm) deep and is a delightful display piece to photograph and share pictures of with friends.