LEGO’s online store in the UK has started to roll out some of LEGO’s Monthly Mini Builds from last year. If you recall, these monthly mini builds were officially discontinued in April of 2019, with the onslaught of the pandemic providing the final nail on the coffin of its discontinuation. It has been a monthly promotional mainstay of all LEGO brand stores, with a new model offered every month. The building instructions for these sets are still available via LEGO’s Customer Service Portal in case younger LEGO fans would still like to build them.
However, in a rather welcomed surprise, the UK LEGO online store has now listed two of these monthly mini builds from last year and is now available for purchase for those who missed out on the series. As of this posting, the LEGO Easter Bunny (40398) and Flowers and Watering Can (40399) are available over UK’s LEGO Shop@Home for £2.49 or roughly $3.50 each. Now I’m not sure about the reasons behind its return as an item for sale, but my best guess is that LEGO might be trying to sell surplus items that it kept around for some occasional in-store promotions. But since the pandemic virtually prevented or discouraged physical interactions outside of our homes, then perhaps these monthly mini builds are surplus items that LEGO is looking forward to selling off. On the other hand, it could also mean that LEGO is sincerely looking forward to offering these sets especially to a younger generation of LEGO fans. Needless to say, these sets are a great way of introducing LEGO building to younger kids if you’re on a tight budget.
As of today, these LEGO Monthly Mini Builds are currently offered only in the UK and Europe, and we just have to wait and see if they will find their way via the US LEGO Online Store. Here are more details about these current offerings as seen from the online shopping portal. Thanks to Brick Fanatics for the tip.
43 pieces | £2.49
Want to buy a great Easter gift that doesn’t involve chocolate? Give kids a gift that will last them beyond the holiday season with April’s Monthly Mini Build (40398). This 44-piece playset contains bricks to build a gray Easter bunny complete with a cute white bobtail and its own carrot patch. Mini builds make ideal pocket-change treats and are a great way to introduce kids to LEGO® brick building – each month there’s a new build to discover in your nearest LEGO store.
- Delight kids with the anytime treat of a collectible LEGO® Monthly Mini Build. April’s comprises a model of a cute, gray Easter bunny and 2 carrot elements.
- A great Easter gift for kids aged 6 and up who love adorable animal toys that will last far longer than the holidays. With 44 pieces, this easy-to-build model is the ideal introduction to the LEGO® brick-built universe.
- This Easter bunny measures over 1” (5cm) wide and 2” (6cm) high, making it perfect as a neat desk display. Or it can be combined with any other LEGO® sets for a truly imaginative playtime.
47 pieces | £2.49
Summer is just around the corner, so help children celebrate the change of seasons with May’s LEGO® Monthly Mini Build (40399). This 68-piece playset includes a planter with 2 beautiful blooms and a cute green watering can, so youngsters can care for their pretend flowers. Mini builds make ideal pocket-change treats and are a great way to introduce kids to LEGO brick building – each month there’s a new one to discover in your nearest LEGO store.
- Treat little builders to a cute LEGO® Mini Build – there’s a new one in store each month. In May it’s time to celebrate the onset of summer with this brick-built flower playset, which comes complete with a watering can.
- This 68-piece construction set makes a fun anytime treat for kids aged 6+ who love nature’s beauty and makes a great introduction for those totally new to LEGO® brick building.
- The flower box measures over 1” (5cm) wide and 2” (6cm) high so takes up little room on a desk. And it’s compatible with all LEGO® sets, so kids can add these blooms to any other LEGO playsets they have at home.