LEGO goes to great lengths to set another milestone with its line of LEGO Technic sets. From creating a life-sized, brick-built Lamborghini Sián, to a driveable LEGO Technic Bugatti Chiron, LEGO is pushing another first with a never-before-tried stunt with its LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125).
Released earlier this year, the LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE now had the honor and opportunity of speeding through the famous Modena circuit in Italy. Now just to be clear, the set did not actually race on the track autonomously but was mounted in front of a real Ferrari 488 GTE race car, driven by Ferrari Competizioni GT Official Driver Giancarlo Fisichella.
Launching at full speed, it was impressive to see that the Ferrari 488 GTE’s brick counterpart didn’t buckle at the sheer force of the speed that it is traveling at 208 kph. To give LEGO fans a unique perspective of this accomplishment, this attempt was documented using 8 cameras and 2 drones giving us a unique racing perspective coming from different angles. LEGO promises to share this video soon, so I’m quite excited to see how it turned out.
You may read LEGO’s full press release for more information about this feat. Likewise, you may click on the following affiliate link below if you wish to know more about this latest LEGO Technic offering.
LEGO Technic Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125)
1,677 pieces | $169.99
Delivering prestigious wins for the Prancing Horse in the world’s toughest endurance races, the Ferrari 488 GTE is a car unlike any other. Now you can create your own LEGO® Technic™ model version, complete with authentic design details – just like on the iconic original.
With amazing attention to detail, this racing car model is a true expression of Ferrari’s endurance racer. Features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons, and a steering wheel that steers the car. Original stickers and authentic colors add the perfect finish to this epic model.
Escape the ordinary
This set is part of a collection of LEGO building kits for adults who appreciate excellent design. A new hands-on project for yourself, or the ideal gift for a motorsport fan, this LEGO Technic building kit provides an immersive build with a beautiful display model to enjoy.
- Immerse yourself in the exciting world of endurance racing, creating your own displayable LEGO® Technic™ model version of the iconic Ferrari 488 GTE racing car.
- Authentic features include front and back suspension, opening doors, a V8 engine with moving pistons, and a functioning steering wheel.
- With original race stickers and a faithful color scheme, the LEGO® Technic™ Ferrari 488 GTE “AF Corse #51” (42125) will take pride of place in the home or office of any motorsport fan.
- A rewarding building project for adults and an inspired birthday or special occasion gift for anyone who loves endurance racing, Ferrari racing cars, and motorsport.
- Model measures over 5 in. (13 cm) high, 19 in. (48 cm) long, and 8.5 in. (21 cm) wide.