You know what’s coming: another LEGO reveal for a set launching next year, though not January 1st for a change. This is for a major licensed-IP theme too. LEGO Harry Potter has been riding the wave of its 20th anniversary loud and proud. Surely the sets coming out in the following year will not drop the hype. Judging from this teaser video on LEGO’s Facebook found by The Brick Fan, signs are very good. Some LHP sets emphasize color variability so builders can show off their Hogwarts House allegiances. The upcoming Hogwarts Magical Trunk (76399) follows this color variation tradition.
We’ve seen variations of the LEGO play-set that folds up and stores all pieces and minfigures. Some of those sets appear as books or, in the Disney Encanto set tie-ins, magical doors. LEGO Harry Potter’s Hogwarts Magical Trunk (76399) instead takes after the ubiquitous travelling case of many Hogwarts students. It contains tiles and accessories to style the trunk as belonging to a Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Slytherin. Also inside are six minifigs, five of which, including Harry, have swappable parts. Finally, props and furnishings enable builders to create various diorama scenes (Sorting, Feast, and Common Room) from the movies.
Thus far, only LEGO.com UK has a product listing up:
603 pieces | 6 minifigures | £54.99
- Unlock the creative magic! – LEGO® Harry Potter™ Hogwarts™ Magical Trunk (76399) is packed with buildable features and minifigures from the Harry Potter movies for kids to create and customize
- A trunk full of fun – The trunk contains furniture that magically reconfigures, accessories from the movies and an assortment of minifigure parts that kids can combine to create different characters
- Authentic accessories – The Sorting Hat, potions, a cauldron, a potion-making book, the Marauder’s Map, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans™, The Quibbler, goblets, cookies, a chessboard and an owl
- Customize and personalize – Kids can build up to 5 minifigures, create completely new characters and adapt and combine different building elements to bring their Hogwarts™ adventures to life
- Recreate classic scenes – There are also 3 memorable moments from the movies to build and roleplay: the Sorting Ceremony; a Great Hall feast; and the Common Room
Like we said, this is not a January 1, 2022 release. Expect the Hogwarts Magical Trunk (76399) to come out on the first of March instead.