After releasing a video teaser a few of days ago, LEGO has officially revealed the LEGO Ideas Pop-Up Book (21315) now listed at LEGO Shop@Home. Based from the original product idea of Jason Allemann and Grant Davis, the Pop-Up Book is the very first of its kind where it features a pop-up build that tells two classic fairy tales in one set, nicely rendered in LEGO bricks. Gorgeous both inside and out, the LEGO Ideas Pop-Up Book comes in dark green and red colors and unique, printed parts. I wasn’t sure before if those were actual printed parts and I was even inclined to think that they were stickers instead. As it is, LEGO went the extra mile of coming up with a new Once Upon a Brick printed tile and even had the names of Allemann and Davis printed on brown 1×8 tiles. I feel this is a good start for future LEGO Ideas sets where fan designers get recognized through the actual set by having a special, commemorative LEGO piece dedicated to them and included in each set.
Read on for the official product description for the LEGO Ideas Pop-Up Book (21315) which will be available to starting November 1 at all LEGO brand stores and at shop.LEGO.com.
LEGO Ideas Pop-Up Book (21315)
859 pieces; $69.99
Enjoy 2 classic fairy tales with this brick-mazing pop-up LEGO® book!
Build, play and display the classic fairy tales Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk with LEGO® Ideas 21315 Pop-up Book! This first-ever buildable pop-up book made from LEGO bricks opens to reveal the famous scene of grandmother’s forest cottage featuring opening door, bed and kitchen area. Recreate the scene when Little Red Riding Hood meets the wolf or swap out grandmother’s cottage for the scene of the giant’s castle in the clouds. This collectible toy features enough bricks to build both scenes or you can even build a scene of your own and makes a perfect creative gift. This LEGO set includes a booklet with a short history of pop-up books, a condensed history of each fairy tale in the set, as well as information about its fan designers and LEGO designers.
- Includes 4 new-for-November-2018 LEGO® minifigures: Little Red Riding Hood, Grandmother, the Wolf, and the Giant. Also includes 1 new-for-November-2018 microfigure: Jack.
- First pop-up book in LEGO history features 2 different LEGO fairy tale stories: Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk.
- Build and display or recreate your own stories from 2 classic fairy tales with this imagination toy.
- This LEGO® Ideas set features enough bricks to build both fairy tales in the set or you can even build your own scene.
- Includes a booklet featuring building instructions, a brief history of pop-up books, a short history of the 2 fairy tales in the set, plus information about this amazing classic fairy tale’s fan designers and LEGO® designers.
- Pop-up book measures over 7” (20cm) long and 5” (13cm) wide when closed, and over 11” (28cm) wide when open.