While this year’s LEGO Ideas Second 2019 Review Stage has already begun, we now have our very first 10K entry that qualifies for the Third 2019 Review Stage. Garnering a total number of 10,000+ votes from the LEGO fan community, The Queen: I Want to Break Free project by Han Sbricksteen features the band’s iconic 80’s music video rendered in LEGO bricks.
This brick creation comes in at approximately 1,300 pieces and features minifig versions of the band members Brian May, Roger Taylor, John Deacon and of course the legend himself, Freddy Mercury. It was a long road for this project since it was introduced to the public more than 2 years ago, but I guess its worth the wait. The Queen: I Want to Break Free LEGO Ideas project is slated for review at the latter part of this year.
The Queen: I Want to Break Free
Welcome to the most famous living room in the history of music videos
Wake up and visit the funniest house with Freddy Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon. This set is a tribute to the famous music video I Want to Break Free. The song with the same title was included in the classic album The Works (1984), by Queen. This project pays homage to one of the most influential rock bands in music history.
- Includes 8 minifigures: Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon, and the same musicians in disguise.
- The house has two sections: the living room with the stairs and the kitchen.
- All the rooms are completely furnished.
- Accessories include a vacuum cleaner, two feather dusters, a scourer, four forks, four knives, four cups, two newspapers, a vase, a bottle, a can of soda, a carton of milk, a carton of juice, a pretzel, two cherries, a banana, and a sausage.
- Great for display or role-playing scenes from the iconic music video.
- This set includes over 1300 pieces.
- The model measures over 5” (14 cm) high, 17’’ (44 cm) wide and 7’’ (19 cm) deep.