As a huge fan of LEGO Collectible Minifigures, I really have to say that LEGO did a fine good job with this year’s upcoming offerings. After the unofficial reveal of the LEGO Looney Tunes CMF Series (71030), now comes another wave of licensed LEGO minifigs to watch out for. And if the rumors turn out to be true, then we have to prep our wallets once again for the arrival of the LEGO Marvel Collectible Minifigures (71031) series this August.
According to reliable LEGO insider, lego_fulcrum over on Instagram, this year will see the release of a wave of LEGO Marvel CMF similar to what LEGO did with last year’s LEGO DC CMF (71026). Furthermore, if the rumors turn out to be true, we can probably expect the following:
- According to sources, the LEGO Marvel Collectible Minifigures (71031) will be based primarily on MCU’s latest series over at Disney+. This means to say we will be getting characters from Wandavision, Falcon & The Winter Soldier, the upcoming Loki series, and the animated series “What If…?”
- From Wandavision, I’m crossing my fingers for a new Scarlet Witch minifigure, with the new costume and all as revealed from the series’ final episode. A White Vision will also be great, and of course a LEGO rendition of Agatha Harkness.
- We are still halfway through the Falcon & The Winter Soldier series, but a new Falcon and Bucky minifigs are surely in order. And perhaps a new Baron Zemo and a yet-to-be-revealed Power Broker minifigures are well on their way as well.
- The MCU multiverse version of Loki (the one that runs away with the Tesseract in Avengers Endgame) might also be receiving a new minifigure version. There’s a ton of possible Marvel characters that may also be revealed later on so I will hold my horses and wait for how things will pan out in June when the series premieres on Disney+
- Then finally we have the Disney+ animated series “What If…?”. Needless to say, the minifigure possibilities for this one are virtually endless considering the nature of the show. However, if I were to base it on the initial trailer that we saw last December, then I wouldn’t mind seeing an Uatu The Watcher minifigure since he seems to be the narrator of the series (much like an Alfred Hitchcock BTS type of character), and a Captain Peggy Carter minifig with that new British Union Jack shield.
I want to emphasize though that these are just speculations at this point until we receive further confirmation from LEGO or other third-party retailers that are quite excited to put them on shelves. And with most likely 12 LEGO Marvel Collectible Minifigures characters to be included, the potential list of Marvel characters to be given the LEGO CMF treatment is as vast as the MCU multiverse itself. Here’s my own wishlist for this series:
- Scarlet Witch (Wandavision version)
- White Vision
- Agatha Harkness
- Falcon (Disney+ version)
- Bucky (Disney+ version) – if you look hard enough, you might probably see it’s supposed minifig torso making rounds over the internet.
- Baron Zemo
- Power Broker
- Loki (Disney+ version)
- Kang the Conqueror – the series might set him up as the main villain later on.
- Uatu the Watcher
- Captain Peggy Carter
I have to say that this speculative list is pretty insane to begin with. Also bear in mind that these are just my predictions based on existing information that we have right now, and we have to wait and see until July to probably have a full reveal of this latest LEGO Marvel Collectible Minifigures Series (71031).
So how about your predictions? What Disney+ MCU character do you think will make it to this upcoming LEGO CMF series? Drop-in your predictions in the comments below.