After a series of delays and a first trailer that was released almost a year ago, we finally have our second trailer of the long-overdue LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga video game courtesy of Warner Bros. Games.
Trailer #2 gives us more gameplay footage spanning all the nine Skywalker Saga films. From The Phantom Menace to The Rise of Skywalker, the second trailer provides us with a nostalgic look at some of the key moments in each of the films, given a dash of that particular LEGO humor. The game itself promises to deliver a vast array of open-world gameplay for each of the movies in the series, with 25 explorable planets and 5 missions for each of the films. You also get more than a hundred playable characters in the Star Wars franchise which can be unlocked as you progress in the game.
The trailer was revealed at Gamescom 2021 and with the game itself scheduled to be released in Spring of 2022. It’s still a long wait, but given the state of affairs due to this pandemic, then I guess waiting for another half a year is inevitable. Watch the trailer below, followed by its official description. The LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga is available across all major gaming platforms (Switch, PS, Xbox, and PC) offered in Standard, and Deluxe Editions. The latter includes the base game, a Season Pass, and an exclusive LEGO Star Wars Luke Skywalker With Blue Milk (30625) minifigure polybag.
LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
The galaxy is yours in LEGO® Star Wars™: The Skywalker Saga. In this brand-new console game, players will experience memorable moments and nonstop action from all nine Skywalker saga films retold with signature LEGO humor, including the highly anticipated conclusion to the series, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. the game will immerse players in the expansive saga with the freedom to control hundreds of characters, ships and vehicles to create their own unique journey through the galaxy.
- Explore the Saga in Any Order – Players can dive into the Skywalker saga and access any of the nine saga films right away in any order they choose. They can direct where to go and how to play.
- Laugh Out Loud LEGO Humor – All the unforgettable moments from the entire saga have been retold in new, fun-filled, hilarious LEGO humor.
- Play as Iconic Heroes and Villains – There are hundreds of playable characters from throughout the galaxy and every era of the saga. Players can play as Luke Skywalker, Rey, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Finn, BB-8 and a legion of other heroes, or turn to the dark side as Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Kylo Ren, and more.
- Discover Legendary Locales – Players can visit legendary locales from their favorite Star Wars films such as the desert of Geonosis, to the swamps of Dagobah and the snowfields of Starkiller Base. They can then travel through space and revisit any planet at any time. Expansive hub areas based on memorable settings from the films offer fun quests and more to explore.
- Powerful Player Experiences – Players can play on the light or dark side of the Force, master combat, and take control of ships and vehicles for empowering adventures throughout the galaxy.
- Always Family-Friendly – This is an imaginative and funny LEGO gaming experience appropriate for kids of all ages. It is an accessible entry point into the Star Wars galaxy that is easy for a younger audience to pick up and play while still deep enough for anyone to enjoy.