This past September was a major positive for musically-inclined LEGO collectors. That month saw the introduction of the LEGO Ideas Fender Stratocaster set (21329). Their excitement may have only been topped by October 1 when the set in question officially released. A few days later, LEGO Ideas launched a contest for their member builders. Ten winners will be chosen to receive the Ideas Stratocaster and other goodies. One of them however, the Grand Prize recipient, would also get a real Fender Player Stratocaster guitar. After about a couple months’ idea submissions, review and crowd vote, the winners are officially revealed.
Brick Fanatics gives us this heads-up on the winners of the LEGO Ideas Fender Stratocaster contest. The lucky submissions are an eclectic selection of brick-built dioramas, buildable figures and tile-art. The Grand Prize goes to _Regn who depicted the iconic electric guitar as a negative space build, as shown below:
Grand Prize: “Making Waves Through the Ages” by _Regn
For his efforts, _Regn receives the Ideas sets Grand Piano (21323) and Fender Stratocaster (21329), plus the real deal. The following runners-up only gets the sets, but all winners received a LEGO Ideas tote bag too.
- “A Fendery Tale” by EvLeFri
- “The Greatest Gig on Earth” by Nastronauta
- “Stratocaster Island” by brickpal00za
- “A Generational Instrument” by Legofin.
- “Rock and Metal” by Picea
- “The Beginning” by TheTatoAwakens
- “Jimi Hendrix – The Legacy of the Fender Stratocaster” by Camperator
- “The Wood Fender (Woodpecker Art)” by Picea
- “Dire Straits, on Every Street” by Sandesan
- “Made of Music” by Shihong
Like we said, there are ten winners. But one of them, Picea, got two entries chosen by crowd vote. Neither sets got enough votes to be named Grand Prize winner however.