For LEGO Star Wars fans and collectors, do you enjoy their animated TV specials? Have you noticed a trend going through the past two specials which aired on Disney+ years prior? Yep, “Holiday Special” (2020) and “Terrifying Tales” (2021) were some sweet LEGO Star Wars lampoons of key annual holidays. And yes, they put the Sequel Trilogy characters front and center, but we digress. Two festive occasions in the later part of the year have been featured in LEGO Star Wars specials. What could be next? As it turns out, we already have a clue.
Brick Fanatics has it that the first teaser for “LEGO Star Wars: Summer Vacation” just dropped on social media. Here we have the clip featured on the official “Star Wars” Twitter page. After some sendups to LEGO Star Wars “Holiday Special” and “Terrifying Tales” we get to the main part. Where the Sequel Trilogy cast previously got the spotlight, this time the franchise representation is more even. Scenes teased include non-Kylo Ben Solo, old Lando Calrissian and Palpatine and Vader. Naturally, the Emperor gets fussy about his wrinkled skin exposed to direct sunlight. Darth Vader looks totally done just putting sunblock on his dark Master.
— Star Wars (@starwars) June 18, 2022
Lucasfilm and Disney tease a much longer trailer to “LEGO Star Wars: Summer Vacation” this Tuesday, June 21. The special itself will debut on Disney+ streaming this coming August 5. And with that, we’ll give a quick once-over at two more LEGO Star Wars sets revealed last LEGO Con 2022.
Age 9+ | 1,022 pieces | 4 minifigures | $169.99 | Coming August 1
- Buildable LEGO® Star Wars™ model of The Justifier (75323). Fans can role-play Star Wars: The Bad Batch Season 2 scenes with this authentically detailed, brick-built starship and popular characters
- 4 LEGO® minifigures and a droid. Cad Bane with 2 blaster pistols, Omega with handcuffs, Fennec Shand with a blaster pistol and Hunter with a knife, plus a Todo 360 LEGO droid figure
- Flight and landing modes. Fold up the rear engine of bounty hunter Cad Bane’s starship for flight mode and fold down to automatically deploy the landing gear
- Many play-inspiring features. A detailed easy-access cockpit, 2 thermal detonator elements, a ‘laser’ jail cell for Omega, spring-loaded shooters on the wingtips and spare ammo in the wing
Age 9+ | 910 pieces | 5 minifigures | $139.99 | Coming August 1
Recreate the Battle of Utapau with this fantastic LEGO® Star Wars™ AT-TE Walker (75337).
- AT-TE Walker building toy (75337). Kids can recreate the Battle of Utapau with this detailed LEGO® Star Wars™ version of an AT-TE Walker from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- 5 LEGO® minifigures and 3 LEGO droid figures – Commander Cody, a 212th Clone Gunner, 3 212th Clone Troopers and 3 Battle Droids, all with weapons, plus a buildable Dwarf Spider Droid
- Designed for play. The AT-TE has posable legs and an extendable handle to lift and move it, and the detachable cockpit and the 2 detailed cabins for Clone Troopers are easy to access
- Playful features. A 360-degree-rotating elevating heavy blaster cannon with 2 stud shooters and a seat for the 212th Clone Gunner, 6 blaster cannons, 2 thermal detonator elements and more