After almost six months of waiting, the latest LEGO Ideas set is finally here! The LEGO Ideas Tales of the Space Age (21340), is officially revealed, and it’s a true masterpiece. With 688 pieces, this set features four vivid vignettes that capture the essence of classic sci-fi in a retro style.
The LEGO Ideas Tales of the Space Age Tells a Story
Each of the four post-card-like vignettes included in the LEGO Ideas Tales of the Space Age tells a different story, all inspired by the 80s stories of space exploration, myth, and posters. Each vignette display piece is full of character and tells its own unique story, making this set a true work of art.
Customizable Display Options
One of the most impressive aspects of the LEGO Ideas Tales of the Space Age is its versatility. The four scenes can be displayed separately or connected together to create a cohesive display. Additionally, each scene can be displayed standing up or hanging on a wall, making it easy to find the perfect spot to showcase this stunning set.
Availability and Release Date
LEGO VIP members will have exclusive access to the LEGO Ideas Tales of the Space Age starting on May 5, 2023. The set will be available for general release on May 8, 2023, and will retail for $49.99
A LEGO Ideas Success Story
Based on an original LEGO fan submission of Jan Woznica (aka JohnCarter over at LEGO Ideas), the LEGO Ideas Tales of the Space Age was chosen in the First LEGO Ideas 2022 Review Stage, and it’s easy to see why. Jan’s submission perfectly captures the nostalgia and excitement of classic sci-fi, while incorporating LEGO’s signature design elements. I’m personally glad and excited to see this set come to life in such a spectacular way.
Check out the set’s official product images and descriptions. You may add this latest LEGO Ideas set to your wishlist by clicking on the affiliate link below.
688 pieces | $49.99 | Coming Soon on May 8, 2023
Turn off your thrusters and let your mind drift into space with this LEGO® Ideas Tales of the Space Age (21340) building set. It features 4 connectible brick-built 3D postcards, each depicting scenes inspired by 1980s sci-fi myths, movies, books and posters. Create cool minimalist LEGO brick representations of an observatory for viewing comets and shooting stars, a moon base and lunar eclipse, a shuttle blasting through space, and a black hole.
Build together, display together
A stellar gift idea for space, astronomy and art lovers, the buildable postcards look great freestanding on a table or shelf or hung on the wall. The models are also easy to connect for displaying together. The set comes with separate building instructions for each postcard, making it an ideal group activity to enjoy with family or friends.
Welcome to your zone
Explore LEGO Sets for Adults, a carefully curated collection of exciting models. Whatever your passion, there is a building project waiting for you.
- 4 connectible, space-themed 3D postcards (21340) – Tell Tales of the Space Age in LEGO® style with these buildable postcard models, inspired by 1980s sci-fi myths, movies, books and posters
- Original designs – Build colorful images of an observatory for viewing comets and shooting stars, a moon base and lunar eclipse, a space shuttle and a black hole
- Recreate different constellations – The pink/purple postcard features star elements that can be arranged to mirror the Ursa Major, Cepheus, Ursa Minor or Cassiopeia constellations
- Display together or individually – The postcards can be connected in any order. Display them on a flat surface or mount them on the wall using the hangers on the back of each one
- Gift idea for adults – Treat yourself or give this 688-piece LEGO® Ideas build-and-display model as a birthday, holiday or surprise gift for lovers of space, astronomy and art
- Home decor – Each buildable postcard measures over 5.5 in. (14 cm) high, 3.5 in. (9 cm) wide and 1 in. (3 cm) deep and can be displayed freestanding or hung on the wall