When Stephen went to his local toy store for his usual ‘patrol duty’ for awesome LEGO sets and choice finds, something unexpectedly cool happened. Displayed at Sawgrass Mills Target Store in Sunrise, Florida is an actual LEGO set dedicated to the newest transport to hit the roster of starships that will debut in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Stephen had the chance to snap a 2-minute video of the LEGO Star Wars Rebel U-Wing Fighter (75155) that was prominently displayed like a centerpiece, together with other LEGO sets offered at the said store. The same is also listed in Target’s online store. There were no sets of the Rebel U-Wing that were placed on Target’s shelves just yet, but we’re pretty sure that they all have them ready at the back just waiting for the official release on September 30 in time for Force Friday. Take a look.
The actual set is better and larger than we have expected, coming in at 659 pieces and retailing for $79.99. According to shop.LEGO.com, the Rebel U-Wing Fighter (75155) measures in at 3” in height, 17” in length, and 7” wide with its wings closed and 25” when opened. That is a relatively large set given its modest piece count. The set also features five minifigs including Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor, a Rebel Trooper, a U-Wing Pilot and show-stealer Bistan. The cockpit itself allows a minifig to be boarded in it while the rest of the rebel team can be placed inside the transporter below the ship.
As seen from Rogue One’s trailer, the Rebel U-Wing is more like a troop transport kind of dropship rather than a star fighter like what Jason has pointed out To showcase some of the features of this set, LEGO has came up with a product animation for the LEGO Star Wars Rebel U-Wing Fighter (75155) as you can see below.
Here’s LEGO’s official description for the Rebel U-Wing:
LEGO Star Wars Rebel U-Wing Fighter (75155)
The amazing U-Wing Fighter has all the details you would expect from an authentic Star Wars model, including 4 big engines, an opening minifigure cockpit with transparent lower observation window, opening side doors with pull-out stud shooters, dual spring-loaded shooters at the front, rear storage hold and huge wings that sweep back to create an even bigger model. Includes 5 minifigures.
- Includes 5 minifigures: a U-wing Pilot, Bistan, Jyn Erso, Cassian Andor and a Rebel Trooper.
- Features 4 big engines, an opening minifigure cockpit with transparent lower observation window, opening side doors with pull-out stud shooters, front spring-loaded shooters, rear storage hold and huge sweep-back wings.
- Weapons include 3 blasters and 2 blaster pistols.
- Also includes extra ammo.
- Recreate fantastic scenes from the blockbuster movie, Star Wars: Rogue One.
- The perfect addition to any LEGO® Star Wars collection.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 8-14.
- Measures over 3” (10cm) high, 17” (44cm) long and 7” (20cm) wide with wings closed, and over 14” (38cm) long and 25” (64cm) wide with wings open.
NOTE: Though Jason mentioned in the video that Stephen found the LEGO Star Wars Rebel U-Wing Fighter (75155) in a local TRU store, the set was actually discovered at a local Target store in Sawgrass Mill, in Sunrise, Florida.