For those who are eagerly waiting for the release of the next LEGO Ideas set in the form of the LEGO Ideas Dinosaur Fossils (21320), you may want to check out this latest LEGO Designer Video before you head out in your local LEGO Store on November 1st. Watch as LEGO Designer Niels Pedersen, and Design Manager Sam Johnson share their thoughts on how this upcoming LEGO Ideas set was brought to life straight from the prehistoric age.
Though the finished product is obviously different from the original LEGO Ideas project submitted by Jonathan Brunn (aka Mukkin over at the LEGO Ideas platform), the final set design by Pedersen retains the Triceratops build and adds T.rex and Pteranodon skeletons. No particular reason was mentioned in the video why LEGO opted for such a noticeable revision. Nevertheless, the way it turned out is still quite impressive. Another noteworthy feature of this set is the fact that it comes at a minifigure scale. Adding a paleontologist minifigure also adds a certain degree of scale for these builds, giving it a sort of a Night at the Museum vibe.
According to Pedersen, one of the challenges of creating this set is how to make their skeletons sturdy enough to hold the weight of their brick-built skulls. This is evident especially in the case of the T.rex fossil build. However, the issue was eventually worked out and we have another LEGO set worthy of being an excellent display piece.
The LEGO Ideas Dinosaur Fossils (21320) comes in at 910 pieces and will retail for $59.99 USD once it hit store shelves on November 1. Be sure to visit LEGO Shop@Home, or your local LEGO brand store at the end of this month to get your copy of this set.
Ages 16+; 910 pieces; available November 1, 2019
US $59.99 – CA $79.99 – DE €59.99 – UK £54.99 – FR €59.99 – DK 549DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Collectible LEGO® Ideas Dinosaur Fossils toy for display!
Learn about life on Earth millions of years ago and create a stunning centerpiece with this collectible LEGO® Ideas 21320 Dinosaur Fossils toy building kit for adults. This 910-piece set offers an immersive, creative building experience for natural history enthusiasts who will appreciate the authentic details of the 2 dinosaur skeleton models (Tyrannosaurus rex and Triceratops) and the pterosaur reptile (Pteranodon) skeleton toy. The models are built to 1:32 scale, can be adjusted into lifelike poses and each one comes with its own stand so they can be placed alongside the included sapiens skeleton figure for a museum-style display. To complete the set, there’s also a paleontologist toy minifigure with various accessories for imaginative role-play fun. All in all, this archaeology toy makes a great dinosaur gift for adults to build solo or to share their passion for natural history with family and friends.
• A wonderfully detailed dinosaur fossils set featuring buildable, posable, 1:32 scale toy models of Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops and Pteranodon skeletons, each with display stands to create LEGO® style natural history museum exhibits.
• Also includes a sapiens skeleton figure with a display stand, and a paleontologist toy minifigure with a buildable crate, plus dinosaur egg, bone, hat and book elements for creative role-play.
• This collectible LEGO® Ideas dinosaur toy set includes 910 pieces for an immersive, rewarding building experience.
• New to LEGO® building? Don’t worry. This paleontologist kit comes with a booklet featuring easy-to-follow building instructions, fascinating facts about the Tyrannosaurus rex, Triceratops and Pteranodon, and information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designer.
• Makes a wonderful paleontologist gift toy for LEGO® builders aged 16+ and anyone with a passion for natural history and dinosaurs.
• The pterosaur and dinosaur skeleton toy models make an eye-catching display. The T. rex toy skeleton is the biggest of the 3, measuring over 7” (20cm) tall and 15” (40cm) long.