Earlier this month, we had a fairly good grasp of what to expect from LEGO’s next Collectible Minifigure Series. Though the LEGO Harry Potter CMF Series 2 (71028) is still slated to be released in September, it seems that some retailers are already pushing for its sale as early as now. This is what Promobricks eventually discovered as they went out of their way to track down what probably could be the very first retailer that sold this highly anticipated minifig series. Their hunt eventually led them to Romania where local supermarket chain Carrefour, had the LEGO CMF series put on sale already.
And since this is a legally acquired product, all is fair when Promobricks posted its full package insert, showing all the 16 characters in the series. Take a look at what to expect from its blind bag insert.
Looking at the above checklist, we can now have a better look at each of the characters included in the LEGO Harry Potter CMF Series 2 (71028). Beginning with:
- Harry Potter with the Book of Potions
- Albus Dumbledore with Fawkes the phoenix (this latest version of Fawkes is a must-have!)
- Hermione Granger with a glass of butterbeer accessory (this is a new-for-2020 element)
- Ron Weasley with a glass of butterbeer accessory.
- Luna Lovegood with a lion topped hat accessory as first seen in the Order of Phoenix.
- Griphook with the Sword of Gryffindor and a vault key. These are new LEGO elements as well.
- Lily Potter with Baby Harry
- James Potter with a printed tile showing a portrait of him and Lily.
- Ginny Weasley in her Slug Club dress outfit, and what looks like to be a new chocolate sundae accessory. This minifigure is a reference to the Slug Club’s Christmas Party.
- Fred Weasley with a cap accessory and his signature Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes case. The case itself seems to carry two unique 1×1 printed tiles based on the leaflet.
- George Weasley with a similar cap like that of Fred’s and the famous Marauder’s Map
- Bellatrix Lestrange in her Azkaban prisoner’s outfit, handcuffs, and prison ID as a new printed tile.
- Kingsley Shacklebolt with broom accessory. The purple color scheme for his robes is visually appealing.
- Moaning Myrtle with Tom Riddle’s Diary. The diary also features a unique 1×2 printed tile.
- Professor Pomona Sprout with a mandrake and flower pot
- Neville Longbottom with a Book of Monsters.
I’m pretty sure that this 2nd Series of LEGO Harry Potter CMF is winning the hearts of fans already. I also appreciate the fact that there is no chase minifig in this series, unlike the first where we have LEGO throwing in just one minifig of Percival Graves/Gellert Grindelwald in each box of 60 blind bags. It is also yet to be seen if this next Series will also follow a similar, pre-determined sorting per box as we’ve discovered from the first LEGO Harry Potter CMF Series (71022).
The LEGO Harry Potter Collectible Minifigure Series 2 (71028) is scheduled to arrive in LEGO Stores and at LEGO Shop@Home on September 1st, and is expected to retail for $4.99 per blind bag.
All images posted here are courtesy of Promobricks.