After LEGO Rebrick’s Great Mountain Chase photography contest, comes the next high-octane competition that will test your brick-building mettle. Season 8 of LEGO Ninjago has introduced the latest bunch of baddies that is causing mayhem in the city of Ninjago. The Sons of Garmadon is bent on resurrecting their master Lord Garmadon – the ninjas’ former enemy – at all cost. It’s up for the young heroes of Ninjago to foil their plans and retrieve the powerful Oni Masks.
This time, builders are tasked to create the craziest and most out of this world conclusion to LEGO Ninjago’s short video, Chasing the Mask of Vengeance by coming up with their very own brick film about how they think the chase should end. To have a pretty good grasp of how your own version should bel like, watch the video clip below.
That video was a real cliffhanger to say the least! Now it’s your turn to think how this story should be concluded. Simply get your bricks and camera and start making your very own LEGO Ninjago film. There will be five grand winners to be selected, and each of them will be bringing home a customized winner’s trophy from one of LEGO Ninjago’s designers, a winner’s certificate, and this year’s first wave of LEGO Ninjago sets.
- Kai – Spinjitzu Master (70633)
- Nya – Spinjitzu Master (70634)
- Jay – Spinjitzu Master (70635)
- Zane – Spinjitzu Master (70636)
- Cole – Spinjitzu Master (70637)
- Katana V11 (70638)
- Street Race of Snake Jaguar (70639)
- O.G. Headquarters (706340)
- Ninja Nightcrawler (70641)
- Killow vs. Samurai X (70642)
- Temple of Resurrection (70643)
LEGO is also throwing in one surprise LEGO Ninjago swag package which will be shipped to the winners once it’s released this summer. To have an idea on what this set could possibly be, check out my post on the details of these upcoming Summer 2018 LEGO Ninjago sets. Here’s the rest of the contest description and rules:
How would you end the “Chasing the Mask of Vengeance” video (featured below)? What crazy, unexpected turn will you have the video take? What sort of funny thing will happen to the Ninja? What kind of stunts will they pull? What sort of fight scene will they have? You decide! Create a brickfilm using NINJAGO characters to end the video. If you don’t have the exact characters or pieces, just re-create them the best you can to tell your story. Show us your thrilling conclusion!
Before you start please check out the entry guidelines and how to enter in the RULES.
Submit your entry no later than March 15th at 2018 at 10:00AM EST.
If you’re not sure what time zone you’re in here’s a time zone converter.
A panel of judges from the LEGO NINJAGO team will select five grand prize winners in five different categories – Best Brickfilm, Funniest Moment, Best Stunt, Best Fight Scene, and Viewer’s Choice.
They will judge entries upon:
– Overall coolness and originality: 25%
– Video Quality: 25%
– Relevance to listed categories: 25%
– Most inspired details: 25%
It is up to the judges to place an entry in a given category based on their category. The winner for the category “Viewer’s Choice” will be voted for on LEGO Life. The NINJAGO team will pre-select 10-15 entries, which will be uploaded to LEGO Life for the community there to for their favorite brickfilm.
Please see the prizes section for further details.
How to Enter
– Watch the LEGO NINJAGO “Chasing the Mask of Vengeance” video (featured above)
– Create your brickfilm according to the RULES. Please note only original audio is allowed
– Upload your video to a video hosting site of your choice and copy the URL to your video in the URL field on the entry page on LEGO Rebrick
– Take up to five screenshots from your video and upload them on the entry page on LEGO Rebrick
– Use the description field to tell us how you made you audio– then hit submit
– When you receive a “Success!” pop-up notification after clicking “submit” on the entry submission page, your entry has successfully been submitted. Our moderation team will review it within 1-3 working days to make sure it fits all the contest rules
– Tweet or share your entry on the LEGO Rebrick Twitter and Facebook Page with the hashtag #RebrickWeeklyPick for a chance to have your entry shared on these channels as a Pick of the Week!
Be sure to check out LEGO Rebrick’s set of contest rules and have your entries submitted on or before March 15 at 10AM EST. So have your bricks ready and camera on hand, and build your own action-packed LEGO Ninjago ending. Happy building!