LEGO provides more play value to its Creator themed sets with an app that teaches children the basic of stop motion animation. The LEGO Creator app is an offshoot of its LEGO Creator Islands mobile game last year, with tons of new features including a stop-motion studio that allows children to come up with their own stop-motion movie shorts consisting of 75 frames for approximately 20 seconds, and a turntable presentation of up to 16 pictures. It also comes with dozens of designer videos that offer animation and building tips that helps you make your stop-motion animation videos look like it was done by a pro.
This free app also features monthly building challenges that encourage children and adults alike to come up with their best LEGO creations for a chance to be recognized by LEGO’s top Creator designers. Here’s an overview of how the LEGO Creator app works courtesy of KidsAppTv, followed by a rundown of the rest of the app’s functionalities and features. The LEGO Creator app is available for free at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Enter the LEGO Creator app and try a variety of cool experiences. New to building, or an experienced builder? Step inside! Take our monthly challenges, create stop-motion videos or turntable presentations for your builds, or play fun snack games.
Tap any of the fabulous Creator logo letters to enter your own Creator space, share your build for the monthly challenge, see what other fans have built, vote for your favorite challenge builds, play games, or just create! Whether you build one design or a thousand, you’re a LEGO Creator!
- Start your first LEGO building experience, or find ways to improve your building skills and cool creations.
- Sign up or log in with LEGO ID to upload your creations to the Gallery (Ask your parents to help you sign up).
- Take part in our themed monthly building challenges (with LEGO ID) for a chance to win serious bragging rights!
- The LEGO Creator designers will announce all challenge winners on LEGO.com/creator.
- Taking breaks makes you more creative. Play one of the fun snack games to get ready for your next creation:
- Build miniature models in Flick-a-brick, build a plane in Plane Flight, or keep the forest animals happy in Feed the Animals.
- Use awesome tools for presenting and sharing your builds: Create a stop-motion movie with up to 75 pictures, or a turntable presentations with up to 16 pictures
- Watch dozens of designer videos, building tips and product animations in the video section
- Free all-access content – no in-app purchases
- Parental consent required for LEGO ID membership
- Parental section with details on privacy, terms and conditions
- No access to external websites
- Appropriate for ages 8+
Thanks Brothers Brick for the tip.