For all sea-loving AFOLs out there: this will certainly be a great addition to the LEGO Ideas Old Fishing Store (21310). As we close in towards the conclusion of this year’s LEGO Ideas First Review Stage, we now have our next 10K qualifier that managed to gather the needed support from the LEGO fan community. The LEGO Ideas The Great Fishing Boat by EdouardClo received the thumbs-up seal of approval from more than 10,000 LEGO fans, for the bid to become the next official LEGO Ideas set.
The LEGO Ideas The Great Fishing Boat is inspired by the adventurous team of four brave fishermen including their captain as they brave the elements in search of their next big catch. The ship itself features a pretty sleek and subtle hull and bow, that comes in a soothing combination of dark red and turquoise colors. A closer look reveals a detailed rendition of its deck, hatch and other mechanisms to manage their rich, underwater haul. And finally, this LEGO Ideas The Great Fishing Boat also with a dinghy and a crane to traverse further into the sea.
The Great Fishing Boat is the 12th project to qualify for the LEGO Ideas Review Stage, following the likes of Mary Poppins, Cherry Tree Lane, Tesla Cybertruck, Untitled Goose Game, UCS Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, The Train Station: Studgate, SpaceX Falcon 9, Mini-fig Scale Project Gemini, Retro Bowling Alley, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Bricks & Blooms, and Sonic Mania-Green Hill Zone.
The Great Fishing Boat
The sea is rough. In the early morning, the fishermen of the ship are on deck, busy sorting freshly caught fish. One scans the horizon, the captain handles his boat from the bridge, struggling against the elements. It is sometimes hard, but tonight they will be back to the harbour.
As you understood, this is a fishing boat. And more precisely they are fishing tunas, those huge and powerful silver beasts.
Did you know that even nowadays, tunas are still caught using fishing rods? Yes this is why there are 8 long dark bluish grey rods at the back of the cabin!
Why is this build so nice:
- Beautiful hull shape, with an elegant raised bow, with extremely fine and sleek lines and curves, inward and outward. Very subtle!
- The color scheme: dark red under the waterline and dark turquoise and white for the rest of the hull and cabin.
- 2 masts: the white tops look amazing. They support lights, mandatory on today’s boats, which even fish at night.
- The wooden deck and hatch for the hold with the crane to stow and unload fish containers.
- The great cabin, with vertical windows and the amazing dark turquoise roof. There is also a nice chimney on the rear.
- At the stern (rear) there is the dinghy, with a crane to launch it. (-> See the picture!)
- The golden propeller integrated into the curves of the hull looks amazing.
- Silver details and deck fittings.
- 4 minifigures: 3 sailors and their captain, with dark blue and orange raincoats and rain hat.
- Golden cleats, beautiful to moor the ship.