I haven’t covered much of LEGO Ideas recently, so looking back at how things went during these past few weeks are certainly quite a surprise. A groundbreaking, 26 LEGO Ideas projects all qualified for this year’s First 2020 LEGO Ideas Review Stage. It’s unprecedented, considering the fact that we only get to see around a dozen entries or so every review stage.
I guess its a testament on how active the LEGO fan community has been lately considering most of us are forced to stay home during these times. Whatever is the case, I’m glad to see this many projects qualify and I’m sure it will be a considerable challenge for the LEGO Ideas Review Team to select those that will eventually come on top as the next official LEGO Ideas set. I also reckon that it will take some time before we can hear the outcome of these results, considering all the fan interviews and IP concerns that need to be hurdled.
I also have my personal selections, and I’m hoping product ideas such as the Sonic Mania – Green Hill Zone, Knight Rider- KITT or The Iron Giant will eventually become official LEGO sets. Though in the meantime, I will settle for Build Better Bricks’ excellent rendition of the 90’s popular robot. You may want to check it out as well.
I’m sure you have your own bets, so let’s take a quick look at these First 2020 LEGO Ideas Review Stage qualifiers that made the cut. Click on the links below for more details, drop us a comment, and let us know which among these is your favorite.
1. Mary Poppins, Cherry Tree Lane – Disneybrick55
2. Tesla Cybertruck – BrickinNick
3. Untitled Goose Game – A Fellow Player
4. UCS Chitty Chitty Bang Bang – Norders
5. The Train Station: Studgate – Bricky_Brick
6. SpaceX Falcon 9 (Saturn V Scale) – Lego_Aviator
7. Mini-fig Scale Project Gemini – Stevenhoward27
8. Retro Bowling Alley – Astronaut Avila
9. Indiana Jones Trilogy – BenBuildsLego
10. Bricks & Blooms – Bricked1980
11. Sonic Mania – Green Hill Zone – toastergrl
12. The Great Fishing Boat – EdouardClo
13. Knight Rider – KITT – Jimmi-DK
14. Snow-groomer PRINOTH LEITWOLF – redera00
15. The Castle in the Forest – poVoq
16. Coraline’s Pink Palace Apartments – Hwachtman
17. Historically Accurate Rome – daevead
18. Ruined House – kirteem
19. Spongebob Squarepants – The Krusty Krab – ExeSandbox
20. Working Waterfall – with Continuous Flowing Water! – LEGOParadise
21. Queen – The Miracle Express – Artistic Shadow
22. Futurama Planet Express Headquarter, Spaceship and the Crew – ThomasW
23. The Iron Giant – 20th Anniversary Edition – BrettCuv
24. The Legend of Zelda BotW: Hyrule Castle – BrickGallery
25. Blue Origin New Glenn Rocket, Launch Tower & Blue Moon Lander – 1/110 Scale Set – Matthew Nolan & Whatsuptoday
26. Earth Globe – Disneybrick55
This is really quite a list, and I’m very excited about how things will turn out for this batch. The LEGO Ideas Review Team also mentioned that they are now wrapping it up for the Third 2019 LEGO Ideas Review Stage, with a total of 12 projects that qualified. I hope we can hear from them soon in the next few weeks.
One thought on “26 LEGO Ideas Projects Qualify for the First 2020 LEGO Ideas Review Stage”
Do Avatar the Last Airbender please. Everyone will love it.