Twice the San Diego Comic-Con was cancelled by the juggernaut of the COVID pandemic. Thankfully, they tried to pull a “third time’s the charm” by holding a Special Edition event in late 2021. This brave gesture heralded the successful return of SDCC “as planned” in 2022, starting this July 21. A lot of upcoming major media releases can be expected to wow there until Sunday. LEGO proudly includes itself among the many multimedia presenters there. Already we have word on the highly-anticipated tie-ins to James Cameron’s “Avatar” film franchise, with the sequel coming in December.
At last, we see what LEGO’s project “Coconut” looks like. The Brick Fan has it that four sets for the LEGO Avatar line will grace San Diego Comic-Con. Fans of LEGO and James Cameron’s passion project now have their first official glimpse of the sets. Judging from the images we’re seeing now LEGO Avatar will have a great launch in October. That’s just 2 months before the Holiday premiere of the sequel subtitled “The Way of Water.” We’ll showcase each tie-in one by one here:
Age 9+ | 560 pieces | 2 minifigures | $44.99 | Coming October 1
- Action and adventure – Kids and fans can relive the movie experience as they build this LEGO® Avatar Neytiri & Thanator vs. AMP Suit Quaritch (75571) set and explore the world of Pandora
- What’s inside – This LEGO® set includes Neytiri and Colonel Miles Quaritch minifigures, a buildable AMP suit and Thanator figure, plus a buildable jungle scene with glow-in-the-dark elements
- For play and display – Kids and Avatar fans can recreate an exciting scene from the movie or set up a dynamic display with Neytiri and the Thanator posed to jump on the AMP-suited Colonel
Age 9+ | 572 pieces | 2 minifigures | $59.99 | Coming October 1
- Action and adventure – Kids and fans can relive the movie experience as they build this LEGO® Avatar Jake & Neytiri’s First Banshee Flight (75572) toy set and explore the world of Pandora
- What’s inside – This immersive LEGO® set includes Jake Sully and Neytiri minifigures, 2 buildable Banshee figures with posable foil wings, plus a buildable mountain scene with glow-in-the-dark pieces
- For play and display – Kids and Avatar fans can recreate an exciting scene from the movie or set up a dynamic display with Jake, Neytiri and their Banshees (Ikrans) as they fly around the mountains
Age 9+ | 887 pieces | 5 minifigures | $99.99 | Coming October 1
- Adventure and fun – Kids aged 9 and up can tell endless stories as they build and play with this LEGO® Avatar Floating Mountains: Site 26 & RDA Samson (75573) toy set and explore the world of Pandora
- What’s in the box – This LEGO® set includes 5 minifigures, a Direhorse (Pa’li) figure, SA-2 Samson helicopter and Site 26 mobile link station, plus a scene with glow-in-the-dark elements
- Display or play – Kids and Avatar fans can recreate a scene from the movie, tell a new story, or set up a dynamic display with the SA-2 Samson helicopter hovering over the mobile lab and link station
Age 10+ | 246 pieces | $19.99 | Coming October 1
- Collectible building set – Fun LEGO® BrickHeadz™ depictions of Jake Sully & his Avatar (40554)
- A treat for any occasion – Give this set as a birthday, holiday or any-day gift for kids and Avatar movie fans aged 10+
Sure, the tie-ins seem to cover only the original 2009 film. But surely these are just the opening salvo for a longer-running LEGO Avatar line. Perhaps the direct tie-ins to “Avatar: The Way of Water” will be along later. For the moment, let’s look forward to these cool sets coming out this October 1st.
The LEGO Con 2022 coverage is just about to wind down, so let’s get to revealing the rest. Licensed IP’s were ably represented by the likes of Marvel and Minecraft, for example. LEGO-original themes were no slouch either, with Collectible Minifigure Series 23 (71034) and two 90th Anniversary revamps. If minifigs are too small a deal for you, then why not go for something bigger and customizable? Leave that up to LEGO Con’s BrickHeadz set unveiling. Promobricks tells us that this BrickHeadz comes as the latest LEGO collaboration with FC Barcelona. Surely you remember now-Icons set Camp Nou (10284) and FC Barcelona Celebration (40485) GWP?
After nearly two-thirds a year since Camp Nou (10284) and its gift-with-purchase were launched, we get more FC Barcelona fun. This comes in the form of BrickHeadz FC Barcelona Go Brick Me (40542). As a Go Brick Me set, this BrickHeadz offers more customization options than its fellows. LEGO fans who follow Barcelona can try to recreate their favorite club members, or imagine themselves in the team. Multiple piece options for skin and hair color (or no hair) make this possible. The set even includes number sticker sheets to recreate your jersey number of choice.
Expect FC Barcelona Go Brick Me (40542) to arrive just over a month from now. But don’t just take that from us. We’ve linked the LEGO.com product listing as well:
Age 10+ | 530 pieces | $19.99 | Coming August 1
- Become an FC Barcelona player in LEGO® BrickHeadz™ form! – Kids aged 10 and up can create a model of themselves wearing the kit of one of the world’s biggest football clubs
- Customizable model – Kids can choose from 3 different skin tones, 4 different hair colors and many different hair styles. They can also select the number on their shirt from 2 sticker sheets
Even today, the Wizarding World created by J.K. Rowling and adapted into a film by Warner Bros. remains an active franchise. Last mid-April even saw the premiere of “Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore.” This prequel continues chronicling the Wizarding World’s saga leading to World War II and the rise of Dark Lord Grindelwald. But for many fans of the franchise, the original “Harry Potter” books/films remain the best. It can be seen perhaps in the continuing parade of merchandise for the adventures of Harry Potter in Hogwarts. For example, LEGO just revealed a massive upcoming four-character set in the likes of the LEGO BrickHeadz Harry Potter Professors of Hogwarts (40560) set.
LEGO.com now lists the LEGO BrickHeadz “HP”-related Professors of Hogwarts set (40560). Indeed, four Hogwarts faculty members from the Potter-verse have been translated into adorable BrickHeadz form. We have wise Professor McGonagall, nasty Professor Snape, crazy-cool but mysterious Professor Moody, and frizzled Professor Trelawney. Moody’s weird left eye features are among the unique BrickHeadz elements to get in this set. You thought twofer LEGO BrickHeadz sets were big? Professors of Hogwarts (40560) is double even that. LEGO Shop hasn’t specified what date of this year it’ll come out, but it’s soon. Check this out.
Age 10+ | 601 pieces | $39.99 | Coming soon
- Gift for Harry Potter™ fans – LEGO® BrickHeadz Professors of Hogwarts™ (40560) presents buildable models of Professors Snape™, McGonagall™, Moody and Trelawny for young witches and wizards aged 10+
- Authentic details – Snape wears his black cloak; McGonagall has a green dress, witch’s hat and golden feathers; Moody has a weird and wonderful eye; and Trelawny sports a colorful headband
- Designed for play and display – The 4 characters stand over 3 in. (8 cm) tall and come with individual baseplates for easy display. Give as a birthday present, holiday gift or surprise treat
Hey, it’s the first day of the month once again. March 1, 2022. By this point the New Year must no longer feel so new. Before we go off track however, we’ll get right down to what this update is about: first-day LEGO product launches. We certainly enjoyed covering these sets when they first officially came out. And like before, for your easy reference we’re collecting their LEGO.com product listings together here. Our big thanks again to The Brick Fan for any March 1-releasing LEGO product we may have missed. Also linked are our past articles, if we caught them.
- Police Station Helicopter (10959)
- Police Motorcycle (10967)
- Doctor Visit (10968)
- Fire Station Helicopter (10970)
- Green Building Plate (10980)
- Creative Monsters (11017)
- Creative Ocean Fun (11018)
- Bricks and Functions (11019)
- Green Baseplate (11023)
- Gray Baseplate (11024)
- Blue Baseplate (11025)
- White Baseplate (11026)
- Pet Clinic Ambulance (41694)
- Pet Playground (41698)
- Pet Adoption Cafe (41699)
- Vacation Beach House (41709)
- Pet Day-Care Center (41718)
- Bag Tags Mega Pack – Messaging (41949)
- Lots of DOTS – Lettering (41950)
- Message Board (41951)
- Big Message Board (41952)
- Ariel’s Underwater Palace (43207)
- Elsa and the Nokk’s Ice Stable (43209)
- Lunar Roving Vehicle (60348)
- Lunar Space Station (60349)
- Lunar Research Base (60350)
- Rocket Launch Center (60351)
- Kai’s Spinjitzu Ninja Training (70688)
- Lloyd’s Spinjitzu Ninja Training (70689)
- Jay’s Spinjitzu Ninja Training (70690)
- Ninja Training Center (71764)
- 1970 Ferrari 512 M (76906)
- Lotus Evija (76907)
- Lamborghini Countach (76908)
- Mercedes-AMG F1 W12 E Performance & Mercedes-AMG Project One (76909)
- Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro & Aston Martin Vantage GT3 (76910)
Enjoy your LEGO Shopping!
Well, we did say a LEGO product listing isn’t far when a set number/name appears on LEGO.com in some form. The average gap between something like a Building Instruction listing and actual product listing is about a day. The same goes for a social media tease perhaps. Anyway, eagle eyes observed a Building Instruction entry for BrickHeadz Spice Girls Tribute (40548). It even provided a teeny image of the five BrickHeadz figures in this set. We didn’t have to wait long for the full LEGO.com product listing. As Brickset puts it, that followed soon after.
Indeed, LEGO BrickHeadz Spice Girls Tribute (40548) contains all five members of the UK’s biggest girl group in brick-form. We get Emma, Mel B and C, Geri and Victoria in their most iconic performing outfits. This is truly a fitting tribute to one of the most influential shapers of mid-late 1990s pop culture. And it’s reasonably priced for a five-BrickHeadz package where a twofer BrickHeadz set might be worth $19.99. But don’t take just our word for it. Check out the images and product listing:
Age 16+ | 578 | $49.99 | Coming soon
- The Spice Girls, LEGO® BrickHeadz™ style – This buildable LEGO BrickHeadz Spice Girls Tribute (40548) brings Emma, Geri, Melanie C, Mel B and Victoria , in iconic costumes, to superfans’ bedrooms
- Colorful display piece – This 578-piece LEGO® set for BrickHeadz™ fans aged 16 and up comes with step-by-step building instructions and includes baseplates for display
It’s too bad about the “Coming soon” tag. It could mean that this mega-set won’t release this March. But we can wait for it later this year.
LEGO BrickHeadz has been ably represented in the year 2022, with set releases on both January and February 1. These may well be also just the tip of the iceberg for the theme this year. Bigger things are yet to come, if this piece of news from The Brick Fan is any indication. Thus far, LEGO BrickHeadz sets have come in either single or double character packages. The February launch alone saw three of the four released sets being twofers. What would you think of a BrickHeadz set with more than two buildable characters then?
We might not have long to find out according to the LEGO.com Building Instructions customer service page. Apparently, a search for set number 40548 brings up an epic BrickHeadz product with five characters. Why that many? Because they’re all part of an iconic group: a girl group. BrickHeadz Spice Girls Tribute (40548) is coming soon. The building instructions entry contains no info other than a photo of the Spice Girls figures. From left to right we’ve got: “Baby” Emma, “Scary” Mel B., “Sporty” Mel C., “Ginger” Geri and “Posh” Victoria. The set even comes with a couple microphone stands for the girls to perform with.
With this LEGO.com Building Instructions entry, BrickHeadz Spice Girls Tribute (40548) is confirmed enough to not be a rumor. All that remains now is the official LEGO announcement and online product listing. We could be having this five-character BrickHeadz set as early as next month, March 1. So let’s wait.
It’s the first day of February, 2022. This also happens to be Chinese New Year, ushering in the Year of the (Water) Tiger. Granted, seasonal tie-in sets by LEGO for the Lunar Holiday have already been available since mid-January. But since this is the first day of a calendar month, new LEGO sets are launching today all the same. There’s one new seasonal, but for a Holiday that isn’t until this coming April. A new LEGO Ideas also debuts, but the real meat of this release batch is LEGO BrickHeadz. Courtesy of The Brick Fan, here’s a heads-up of new LEGO sets available February 1:
- Stranger Things: Demogorgon & Eleven (40549) – age 16+ | 192 pieces | $19.99
- Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote (40559) – age 10+ | 205 pieces | $19.99
Interestingly, double-character BrickHeadz set Woody and Bo Peep (40553) is supposed to launch too. Their product listing on LEGO.com US however is still marked as “Coming Soon,” but “Available” elsewhere (UK/Europe).
We’ll keep an eye on this and update our readers when it changes. In the meantime, Happy Chinese New Year 2022 LEGO Shopping!
The January 1, 2022 storm of new LEGO set launches was pretty intense. In fact, there were plenty enough new products becoming available that some sets got delayed but were barely noticed. In particular we have items for the overall LEGO Star Wars theme. One of these sets is actually a complementary addition to last year’s UCS AT-AT (75313). The other’s a milestone entry to the BrickHeadz line, featuring a favorite “Star Wars” non-trilogy character. They were no-shows for the New Year, and one contemporary still carries “Coming Soon” on its LEGO Shop listing. But we have a start now.
Courtesy of Brick Fanatics, we know BrickHeadz Ahsoka Tano (40539) and Star Wars Clone Trooper Command Station (40558) are available. At least, the milestone LEGO BrickHeadz set (#150) is now fully available after being delayed from January 1. The same couldn’t be said for the Clone Trooper Command Station minifig Battle Pack. For LEGO.com US it’s on backorder, with shipping date of March 3. Technically this would already be available in the UK and Europe, but are marked “Temporarily Out of Stock.” At least the earlier-released Snowtrooper Battle Pack (75320) remains available without any issues.
That said, we may still have to wait longer for another LEGO Star Wars set, Defense of Hoth (40557). The Snowtrooper BP (75320) is good if you’ve got the UCS AT-AT (75313) and want to fill its interior. But if you want to build or expand your LEGO Battle of Hoth scenario, Rebel representation isn’t here yet. Still, 2022’s still young. We can be patient.
The upcoming LEGO Harry Potter set listings are done. Next we have what’s coming next for the general LEGO BrickHeadz line. And if the LHP items will have to wait until the first of March, these BrickHeadz will be arriving earlier. Even better, these are all two-characters-per-one-set deals. No less than three franchises get able representation here. In fact, one of them was already spoiled in December last year. They figured in the back of the box for the solo Buzz Lightyear (40552) BrickHeadz. Now, Brickset found these listings first on LEGO.com Russia. However, as of this writing all major editions of the online LEGO Shop would already have them.
192 pieces | $19.99 | coming February 1
Here’s a treat for fans of Netflix’s Stranger Things TM. These LEGO® BrickHeadz™ Demogorgon & Eleven (40459) buildable figures depict 2 of the series’ most iconic characters. Perfect for display, the figures make a great gift idea for ages 16 and up and come with authentic details, such as the Demogorgon’s opening flower head and Eleven’s waffle and outfit as featured in the series during her escape from the facility.
296 pieces | $19.99 | coming February 1
Hang out with two beloved movie characters by making these LEGO® BrickHeadz™ style buildable Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story and Toy Story 4 figures, Woody and Bo Peep (40553). It’s a clever gift idea for kids aged 10 and up, who will love authentic details such as Woody’s iconic cowboy outfit and Bo Peep’s cute hair bow and shepherd’s crook. With baseplates for display, these awesome construction toys will make a unique addition to any Toy Story fan’s collection.
205 pieces |$19.99 | coming February 1
Prepare for endless hijinks with these LEGO® BrickHeadz™ style buildable figures of Looney Tunes™ characters Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote (40559). The set makes a great gift idea for kids aged 10 and up, who will love the authentic colors and cute, brick-built models. With baseplates for displaying the figures, this awesome little construction toy set will make a nostalgic and eye-catching start or iconic addition to any Looney Toons cartoon fan’s collection.
Let’s take a brief rest from the LEGO catalog that Germany got and look at some new official LEGO.com listings. Having an upcoming LEGO set debut on another country’s LEGO.com before the major English-language national editions isn’t new. Just recently as reported by The Brick Fan, some new BrickHeadz appeared on Malaysia’s English-language LEGO website. Actually, just one set was officially listed, but its box image spoiled a double-BrickHeadz set following it. To add to curiosity, these buildable characters tie into Disney-Pixar’s “Toy Story 4,” which released in 2019. But hey, who can say no to BrickHeadz Buzz and more?
Beyond box/product images and printed details, the Malaysia LEGO.com listing for BrickHeadz Buzz Lightyear (40552) is bare-bones. We don’t know the prize (though it might be the usual $9.99) and release date. But at least Disney and BrickHeadz collectors now know that it’s coming. The same goes for BrickHeadz Woody and Bo Peep (40553) too.
Celebrate an out-of-this-world character with this LEGO ® BrickHeadz™ style buildable figure of Disney and Pixar’s Buzz Lightyear (40552). It’s a super gift idea for kids and fans aged 10 and up, who will love authentic details such as the extended wings and printed tile command board. With a baseplate for display, this colourful little construction toy will make an eye-catching addition to any Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story fan’s collection.
- Iconic Disney and Pixar Toy Story characters – A buildable LEGO® BrickHeadz™ figure of Disney and Pixar’s Buzz Lightyear (40552) with a printed tile command board and extended wings
- Colourful display piece – This 114-piece LEGO® ǀ Disney and Pixar building toy for kids aged 10 and up comes with step-by-step building instructions and includes a baseplate for display
- Gift idea – This buildable LEGO® figure measures over 3 in. (8 cm) high, 3.5 in. (9 cm) wide and 1.5 in. (4 cm) deep. Give it to a Toy Story or LEGO fan as a surprise treat or fun birthday gift
Woody and Bo Peep (40553)